A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Chen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Chen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Chen, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Chen graduated from National Taiwan University, Taipei.
Dr. Chen has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Michael's Medical Center
- St. James Hospital Cathedral
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Chen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael Chen practice?
Dr. Michael Chen practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Sports Medicine, Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, and Pain Medicine near Edison, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Rahway, NJ and Clark, NJ.
See Edison Internists, Edison Cardiologists, Edison Sports Medicine Doctors, and Edison Pain Management Doctors.