Family Physicians

1521 E Tangerine Rd
Ste 337
Oro Valley, AZ 85755
520-825-5719
Locations and availability (2)

|  show details
Mar 11th, 2014

Dr. Yim is fantastic! He takes his time and has a very caring bedside manner. Also, he is always able to get my son in the same day I call.

|  Satisfied Patient  |  show details
by Robert Childers on Sep 8th, 2013

Dr. Yim is an excellent family physician. On more than one occasion he treated me in his office as an add-on patient (emergency status) and was extremely polite. One strong characteristic of Dr. Yim is he is a good listener.

|  Has been a great Doctor for me.  |  show details
by T.V. on Aug 8th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Yim for about three years now. My only complaint early on was his office staff. That has all changed. His Nurse is great and she follows up with any issues i have and always gets me in for an appointment on short notice when I am sick. Dr. Yim and I have a great relationship and i feel he really cares about my health.

|  Recent physical  |  show details
by RT on Jul 23rd, 2013

I just switched to Dr. Yim and the wait to get an appointment as a new patient was worth it!!! His office was staff was so courteous. His nurse answered questions and also informed Dr. Yim of them. Dr. Yim is thorough, takes 1:1 time, and listens. I feel I am finally in good hands!

|  Not a good listener  |  show details
by Patient Jane on Jun 10th, 2013

I saw Dr Yim twice for issues with my weight. The first time, I became very upset because it's a subject that I am very sensitive to. He was fairly nice at that time and indicated he understood it was a painful subject for me but that I was being brave in seeing him, he said he would help and asked me to keep a food journal and to take a picture of everything I eat (which is a little silly) and really made me feel bad about eating anything for 2 weeks and get labs done. I did that and upon my return visit to him I felt like he was making me feel horrible about anything I had eaten. I told him- I'M HUNGRY and EXHAUSTED--I came to him with these problems and was very up front that they are big obstacles to why I hadn't been successful in losing the weight on my own. I felt belittled when he asked what has more calories? A pound of lettuce or a pound of chicken? WELL NO KIDDING! I know chicken has more calories but he just didn't listen. If I could lose the weight on my own, I wouldn't be seeing him. I don't have the ability to eat a pound of lettuce instead of chicken (example) because I get too hungry. I asked him for help or medication to help me with the hunger so I could have better control of when and how much I was eating.. and have help with energy to exercise. It is very obvious that Dr Yim has never ever had a weight problem so his view on the subject was very upsetting, he also said I had an acute stress disorder related to be overweight. NO KIDDING--I told him up front it's upsetting to even talk about it but I was trying to reach out for help. I became so upset I stormed out of the office. Then I got a bill in the mail for an extra $20 dollar co pay for "specialist". He is my primary doctor and his office is charging me a specialist rate because I want to talk about my weight? really? is that right? His office called again and wanted me to come back in for another office visit to discuss my labs. I already wasted 40 dollars out of pocket and shed a lot of tears and made to feel horrible, I wouldn't go to Dr. Yim again.

|  A great family doctor  |  show details
by Lew B. on Apr 3rd, 2013

I don't know what happened to the other person who reviewed Dr, Yim, but he or she is way off base. Dr. Yim has been my doctor for several years and has demonstrated he is very knowledgeable on a number of medical issues. He takes all the time I need during my visit and his staff has proven to be very professional and courteous. I highly recommend Dr. Yim as a family doctor.

|  Yim SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2013

Wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy..............