Dr. Michael Taormina MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Statesboro, GA

3.4

April 19th, 2017
His ego is huge he is arrogant, and ..
despite those negative traits he always gave me a complete neurological exam - I can do without his "well, it ain't a slam dunk". I had to gather 2 additional Brain MRI's - took him 3 years to dx me with MS . However, again - he is a specialist and doesn't really seem to have any empathy or compassion of any kind. Having said that - go to Dr Taormina - do NOT go to PATEL - Patel is an IDIOT Dr. T is not... For patients - all of you - bring your MRI'S and CT - all of them on CD - I have seen him 4 times - and the last 2 times he was extremely rude and patronizing - Again, however he will give you an accurate neuro exam .. he knows how to read the MRI's unlike other "neurologists" in Statesboro

February 27th, 2017
Went for chronic migraines
Listed as migraine specialist. Brought paperwork with treatment to date and drugs I have failed. He suggested 2 treatments that were on the list, Botox, which I have been in since 2013, and Spring TMS that I used for 6 months last year.

November 20th, 2016
Great Dr
I have seen Dr. Taormina many times. The wait time is normally low. The only time I have seen a long wait time was when he had to go to hospital for a patient emergency. This did not bother me as I would want my doctor to come to me if I had an emergency. The staff is friendly. Dr. Taormina explains my condition and answers my questions. I am deeply disapointed by the negative reviews online as I would not see anyone else. He is a great doctor.

November 20th, 2016
Great Dr

August 3rd, 2016
I am not pleased with him. He is very I'm the Doctor type I know everything, and you just need to do what I say kind of Doctor. He doesn't show any compashion in my experience. I will find another doctor that I feels cares about me and wants to help me get better.

April 28th, 2015
internet is a better doctor
Please make the trip to Sav. He was the most unprepared and unreasonable MD Ive ever encountered. Like me, if you need a neurologist, you have enough problems that your doctor should not be one of them.

April 9th, 2015
Very satisfied patient
I have been going to Dr Taormina for several years. Dr Taormina was able to make a diagnosis that neurologist in Savannah were not able to diagnose (multiple sclerosis). I wish I had gone to him sooner. He has been very caring and passionate from the first day. He is a very smart man. He is very knowledgeable about multiple sclerosis. His staff is caring also. I would not go to any other Neurologist. I highly recommend him to everybody. I can not imagine anybody saying anything bad about him!

November 3rd, 2014
BEWARE
I rather have my Vet treat me than Dr T. INCOMPETENT! Someone needs to pull his license.

April 3rd, 2014
Great Physician
Dr. Michael Taormina is wonderful. I have been his patient for many years. He has always taken care of me and considered everything. I have had many tests and treatments along the way. I would never go to anyone other that him. Oh and the staff are very nice.

January 16th, 2013
NOT A DR. I WOULD TRUST. HE IS NOT A CARING OR COMPASSIONATE DR. HE SEEMS LIKE HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING. DON'T ASK HIM TO WRITE A PRESCRIPTION FOR A POWERCHAIR. HE REFUSES TO. EVEN THOUGH INSURANCE PAYS FOR IT. DOESN'T COST HIM ANYTHING. HE THINKS HE KNOWS MORE THAN INSURANCE COMPANIES DO. ANOTHER THING... HE DOES NOT READ YOUR CHART TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO, EVEN THOUGH IT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM. HE CONTINUES TO CALL IN MEDS THAT PLAINLY STATES ON CHART ALLERGIES TO MEDS. DUH. ONE OF THESE DAYS HE GONNA GIVE SOMEONE A MED THAT CAUSE DEATH. HE DOESN'T READ WHAT MEDS ALLERGIC TO!!!

May 17th, 2012
Dr. Taormina is wonderful!!
Dr. Taormina and his office staff are wonderful!! Dr. T as everyone calls him is so compassionate. He took time to listen to me and thoroughly investigated my problems. I now am on medication and feel so much better. I would trust him to care for any member of my family.