Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Hill Section
Mercy Hospital/Scranton
746 Jefferson Ave
Scranton, PA 18510
570-341-9818
Locations and availability (5)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
Apr 20th, 2014

Nice staff and nurses. Doctor told me I had symptoms that I didn't and was very ignorant. Did not want to hear my concerns or discuss options. Could not answer simple questions that I had concerning PMDD, heavy periods and cramping.

|  Best OB/GYN and Staff  |  show details
by Yurii Lynn on Feb 25th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Tedesco and his team for over 25 years and 3 healthy deliveries. He is compassionate, caring and empathetic. Educated me about my medical options when faced with needing a hysterectomy..he is great.

by Tammy on Nov 4th, 2013

Have been seeing Dr Tedesco for over 12yrs. he is a fabulous Dr. He is all business which may lead one to think he is rude, however when seeing a gyno, I prefer his attention to be on my appt and not how the local football team did that weekend. I have had surgeries, infertility treatments and some minor female issues and I couldn't imagine having any other Dr. He's one of the best in the area.

|  found another doctor  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2013

Very rude and seemed aggravated when I asked questions. He hurt me during the exam and I said so. He went right back and hurt me again. Arrogant, terrible to deal with, plenty other doctors to choose from, like Dr. Rabin.

|  Go elsewhere  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2013

My sister had to see him cause he was the doctor on call at the ER that she went to. She had been carrying a dead baby for about a month and was having sever cramps and spotting blood. He war rude the moment he walked in the room asking why she didn't go somewhere else. That was the first thing he said to her. She was told that her pain is from yeast infection without even looking at her. Gave her a pill for yeast infection and sent here home. We went to another hospital and they realized she was in extreme pain due to the process of her miscarriage. Thy where very polite and kind and also checked her for yeast infection witch she had a very mild case brought on by the miscarriage, I wouldn't take my dog to him to have her puppies.

Aug 17th, 2012

Dr. Tedesco is a very good Dr.He is very thorough and compassionate.

|  Bertha  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2012

I was referred to him from my previous GYN due to an abnoral ultrasound. He needed to do another one in his office to get a more accurate diagnosis, which was fine, but his bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired; what was really bothersome was that I was put in an exam room for the test, was on the table, with everything removed from the waist down; I had covered myself with a sheet waiting for him to start. But for some reason all these staff were in & out of my room, it was like Grand Central Station, the nurse, the receptionist, another nurse... and yet he kept on removing the sheet off of me & spreading my legs wide open while everyone's still in & out of the room - as well as other patients walking past who had full view because the door was kept open (including any husbands/boyfriends with them!) It was horrendous! I kept closing my legs & pulling the sheet up & then he'd come back in & take it off & opening them up! I was furious that he couldn't wait until everyone was out of the room & the door shut. I know he sees this everyday & is immune to it, but have enough sense to spare me some dignity... This is why I hate going to male GYN's... Otherwise, no other real issues, but I just did not feel comfortable with him. (Plus, this was a referral, yet he wanted to know if I would use him as my doctor now since he did the test-I said yes, what else would I say-but I knew I would not go back-ever.) I was able to find a great female GYN shortly after & have stuck with her.

Aug 19th, 2010

Rude staff, incompetent office manager

|  Rude, Waited Over 2 hrs  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2010

Staff didn't know how to use the computer system. Dr. Tedesco was extremely rude which made an already uncomfortable, vulnerable situation worse. I would not recommend him to anyone. I waited over 2 hrs for my appt.

by Beth on Jul 6th, 2009

I have had Dr. Tedesco for my MD for 17 years, going back to when he was affiliated with Nesbitt Memorial in Kingston, PA. I had him during my pregnancy and he was very good. He put me at ease throughout all of the bumps along the way. He was in with another MD at the time and because I delivered early, he didn't do the delivery. I moved and developed a fibroid and was so happy that he had moved to the Scranton area and immediately started going to him all over again. He respects his patients and their modesty, which is a real plus and explains everything very well. He did a very nice job with my hysterectomy, the incision was very good and I had NO problems. Tomorrow I am having destruction of abnormal cells that appeared on my pap and feel very good about it because I know he is very good and will be prompt. I would recommend him highly for anyone.

by SarahR on Oct 23rd, 2008 on yahoo.com

He was the first gyno I ever went to, and I was against seeing a male gyno at the time. He made me feel comfortable and eased my fears when I had to have surgery. That was over 3 years ago, and I still consider him to be a good doctor.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Nov 15th, 2007 on yahoo.com

He made me feel like I was wasting his time. I am changing doctors.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com