Dr. Michael Tenby Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Tenby?

Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Michael Tenby?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 24th, 2015

My 3 kids have seen him for 7 years. Excellent Dr!

August 27th, 2014

A fantastic pediatrician

I am a mother of eight children, five of whom I gave birth to, all of whom see Dr. Tenby as their pediatrician. We have been with him for almost ten years. As you can imagine, in a family of ten, we have had reason to see all kinds of doctors in Las Vegas. Dr. Tenby is, hands down, our favorite. Let me tell you a little about why that is. First and foremost, I know for a fact that he truly cares about my family. He remembers our names (and there are a LOT of names), and takes the time to ask about my other seven kids when I am there for their sibling's appointment. Dr. Tenby is patient and kind. I ask a lot of questions. He gives me his opinion based on sound medical research, and then goes the extra mile to recommend reading for me to further educate myself. He is gentle and compassionate with my children. He interacts with them, asks them questions, and puts them at ease. They all, and I truly mean this, love him. They may not love their vaccinations, but are always excited to go back the next time, and that is because both Dr. Tenby and Bonnie are so loving with them. My four year old has a sensory processing disorder, which comes with a fear of anyone physically handling him. Dr. Tenby is patient and allows extra time at his appointments to be sure my son can become comfortable and have a good experience. As a matter of fact, he has never walked out of an appointment in a hurry. He spends more time than is necessary, even personally holding the sticker box while each of my kids picks which sticker they want. And with all my kids, that can be a while! I breast feed all of my kids, for well over the year mark, and Dr. Tenby has been a huge support in us making that decision. One of my adopted children went through a suicide attempt after years of neglect and abuse by his birth mother. Again, we were met with support and concern. He is thorough. There have been several times over the years where I had an uncommon health issue or question (for example, having a parathyroid tumor while pregnant), and he and Bonnie took the time to research the possible problems for my child. He has, several times, texted a colleague of his to help my child book an appointment when it was needed in a hurry, or to ask specialized questions about something we were going through. My twins were born while he was on a family vacation, and we had a couple of issues that we called in about. He called me, within an hour, from his vacation. He could have let Bonnie handle it (who, by the way, is fantastic), but called himself. Every time I have ever had an after hours issue, not only have they answered my questions personally, he and Bonnie have often called back later to check to see that the issue has resolved. He has never made me feel like my questions are silly, rather, he makes sure he takes the time to respectfully help. He personally has come to the hospital to visit each of my newborns. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that I encourage anyone looking for a great doctor who will treat you and your kids like family, to book an appointment with Dr. Tenby.

October 24th, 2013

very unhappy mom

I didnt appreciate the way he talked to me or handled dealings with incidents. He is rude and unpleasant. Also didnt call back when I called overnight for an emergency...So I switched pediatricians immediately!

February 10th, 2012

Dr. Tenby has taken care of my daughter since birth. She absolutely loves him. He is kind and caring with her and take a genuine interest in her well being.

November 8th, 2010

Rude and make sure you have "good" insurance.

We've been with Dr. Tenby for a year now and it's just gone downhill. He always acts "off" a bit and if he didn't have his own children, I'd really wonder about his behavior. Most recently he informed us that our insurance isn't good b/c he doesn't get paid that much from the "state" shots so we should swap so he gets paid more. At our most recent appt he was very rude and while trying to take a measurement he was telling my one year old to "HOLD STILL!" "DON'T GRAB THAT!". NO bedside manner to speak of. We will have to drive much farther for a new pediatrician, but I refuse to have my child seen by somebody who is so rude and requests his patients get "good" insurance so he can get more money. At least we have insurance, jerk!

April 28th, 2010

Very caring doctor

This is THE doctor for children. He saw my 2 older children at his last location. When my youngest was born we found him at his new office. We love it there. I have only waited longer then 15 min on two occations; both times were after long weekends. When my littlest was sick and I called the office at 11pm on a Tuesday night, Dr. Tenby called right back. Not an assitant, not the nurse, but Dr. Tenby! The staff is always able to help too. I would not take my kids anywhere else.

March 17th, 2010

excellent doctor who cares about his patients

Dr. Tenby is a kind and caring person. My daughter is very comfortable with him.On one occasion, I called him after his office hours about some abdominal pain my daughter was experiencing. He urged me to take my daughter to the hospital and it turned out that she had an appendicitis!! He is an excellent doctor who truly cares about his patients.

February 27th, 2015