A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Thornton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Thornton
Read all about venous thromboembolism symptoms and treatments by reading our patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Thornton Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Thornton, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Thornton graduated from St. George's University, Bay Shore.
Dr. Thornton has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy General Hospital
- Mercy General Hospital - Sacramento
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael John Thornton MD is a male Internist, has 12 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- Where does Dr. Michael J. Thornton practice?
- Dr. Michael Thornton has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Thornton practices Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease near Stockton, CA.
See Stockton Internists, Stockton Critical Care Practitioners, and Stockton Pulmonologists.