A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Thornton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Thornton
Smoking Cessation Patient Education Smoking cessation patient education guide to help you quit smoking and avoid cancer and other health related problems.Before Visiting Dr. Thornton Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Thornton, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Thornton graduated from St. George's University, Bay Shore.
Dr. Thornton has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy General Hospital
- Mercy General Hospital - Sacramento
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael John Thornton MD is a male Internist, has 11 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- Where does Dr. Michael J. Thornton practice?
- Dr. Michael Thornton has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Thornton practices Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease near Stockton, CA.
See Stockton Internists, Stockton Critical Care Practitioners, and Stockton Pulmonologists.