Dr. Michael Timmel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 5th, 2016
Been a patient there for over a year. Only ever seen Dr. Timmel once. The one time I'm sick, flu and strep throat, they refuse to see me. Send me to urgent care where my copy is $40 more! What's the point of actually having a "primary care physician" if you can never actually see him!? I kept thinking it can't always be this bad, but it is. I'm definitely finding a new doctor, preferably one who cares about their patients.

January 3rd, 2016
Really Good DOCTOR
Dr. Timmel is friendly and easy to talk to. He is most of the time running 20 or 30 minutes late but it is due to the fact that he will spend the time with you to give you the best care possible. He has a P. A. Mark W. who I have also seen and he is the same way with me. It is normal for them to come into the room and sit down and look directly at you and really mean it when they say "how are you" and you can really see they mean it and want to know about any problems or things they can help with.

December 29th, 2015
Dr Timmel is the best Dr you could get. He care's so much about his work and patients. I was a patient of his for over 10yrs and I messed up.I will spend the rest of my life regretting it. Thank you Dr Timmel for all you have done for me. I miss you and am so sorry for hurting you and loosing the best Dr ever.I hope you and your family are doing well May God bless you abundantly. Mary

December 7th, 2015
No one ever picked up phone
This review is for the office itself not the doctor - I called the office to make an appointment, I went through the automated system to get routed to appointments, the automated system routed me somewhere into a blackhole because after 15 minutes I finally hung up because no one ever came on the line. I called back thinking the routing system got stuck and I waited another 15 minutes and still no one had picked up. Most places someone picks up right away and tells you to hold and comes back within a few minutes, but this place you just hear hold music. I was calling from a cell phone and didn't want to waste any more of my minutes on hold. Poor service from start, so not going to even give this place a chance.

March 23rd, 2015
Dr. is great, dealing with the office between him and me is a lost cause. Extremely frustrating.
Impossible to get a message to his office, they do not return calls or even faxes from my pharmacy. Health-wise leaves me in never-never land. Isn't Dr. Timmel, it's either Physicians Associates that is suppose to relay messages or staff that plain ignores people.

January 31st, 2014
He is the first doctor that has shown compassionate care for his patients. He WILL listen to you! You will NEVER feel like he has somewhere else to be...even though he does! The wait can be long but it is because he truly cares!

June 5th, 2013
Doctor & Office Review, Treatment Has Changed, NOT GOOD
I've been a patient of Dr. Timmmel for over 9 years and during that time my wife and I have been with him, 9 years ago he was the doctor to see, spent time with you, short wait times, and spent a great deal of time with patients. Within the last year his office staff friendliness has deteriorated & wait times are now ridiculous you might see the doctor after waiting 1 hour and he might spend 10 minutes with him. Lately it been very difficult to get an appointment with Dr. Timmel for whatever the reason. if you are sick and need to see him forget about it, when you call to schedule an appointment his office tells you he has no appointments open and it could take two weeks to see him. It's petty bad when your sick and you can't get in to see your doctor, especially when he has been treating you for a condition from a previous visit. It's a shame because Dr. Timmel is a good doctor, something has gone very wrong here. When you call his medical assistant to call you back it takes her over 1 day even if you call around 9-10am on the previous day. When you have tests done by the doctor it takes some times a week or two for the doctors office staff to get back to you with the results.

May 12th, 2013
Very caring and looks out for best interest of the patient. Doesn't treat patients like a number. You may have a wait time at the office but that's because he is giving everyone individual attention.

April 5th, 2013
Dr. Timmel is the finest Dr. I have had in over 70 years. He has been my Dr. through liver failure and a liver transplant and never failed to send me to the best specialist when my condition was beyond his expertise. He was the best "gatekeeper" I have ever seen, keeping all my care co-ordinated even though I eventually had specialists as far away as Northwestern University Memorial Hospital in Chicago. Today he still sends the results of every test to the approiate specialist and alerts me by the day after the test if I need to consult with another doctor. Yes, sometimes there is a wait to see him, but often I took enough extra time myself to make him run behind for the patients waiting to see him after me. I prefer to wait to be sure anyone ahead of me gets the same quality of treatment I have always received. The staff is incredible! They always try to be kind and understanding and always have a big smile for you. He is my HERO.

November 6th, 2012
I've been a patient of Dr. Timmmel for over 8 years and during that time all of my family has been with him, 8 years ago he was the doctor to see, spent time with you, short wait times, and spent a great deal of time with patients Within the last 2 years his office staff friendliness has deteriorated wait times are now ridiculous you might see the doctor after waiting 1 1/2 hours and he might spend 10 minutes with him. It also seems Dr. Timmel is giving priority to patients with different insurance types and if you have a chronic pain condition even if he has previously been treating you for that condition definitely not the doctor to see. When you call his medical assistant call backs take over 1 day even if you call around 9-10am on the previous day.

September 4th, 2012
Dr. Timmel is a great Dr. I recently moved from another physician to Dr. Timmel because when I made appointments to see the Dr, I saw the PA instead. Dr. Timmel may take a while with his patients, but I would rather him take his time, and give the right diagnosis, instead of treating me like a number with a now serving sign in the lobby. Much Kudos to the team in Clermont! Professional, helpful, kind, and caring! I am glad to be a patient here!!

December 22nd, 2011
What a GREAT Doctor!!
If I could I would give Dr. Timmel "10" STARS... Thorough, caring, and dedicated; he is just an OUTSTANDING physician...