Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Dr. is great, dealing with the office between him and me is a lost cause. Extremely frustrating. show details Dr. is great, dealing with the office between him and me is a lost cause. Extremely frustrating.
by Dee Shields on Mar 23rd, 2015

Impossible to get a message to his office, they do not return calls or even faxes from my pharmacy. Health-wise leaves me in never-never land. Isn't Dr. Timmel, it's either Physicians Associates that is suppose to relay messages or staff that plain ignores people.

by susan lollo on Jan 31st, 2014

He is the first doctor that has shown compassionate care for his patients. He WILL listen to you! You will NEVER feel like he has somewhere else to be...even though he does! The wait can be long but it is because he truly cares!

Doctor & Office Review, Treatment Has Changed, NOT GOOD show details Doctor & Office Review, Treatment Has Changed, NOT GOOD
by Stephen on Jun 5th, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. Timmmel for over 9 years and during that time my wife and I have been with him, 9 years ago he was the doctor to see, spent time with you, short wait times, and spent a great deal of time with patients. Within the last year his office staff friendliness has deteriorated & wait times are now ridiculous you might see the doctor after waiting 1 hour and he might spend 10 minutes with him. Lately it been very difficult to get an appointment with Dr. Timmel for whatever the reason. if you are sick and need to see him forget about it, when you call to schedule an appointment his office tells you he has no appointments open and it could take two weeks to see him. It's petty bad when your sick and you can't get in to see your doctor, especially when he has been treating you for a condition from a previous visit. It's a shame because Dr. Timmel is a good doctor, something has gone very wrong here. When you call his medical assistant to call you back it takes her over 1 day even if you call around 9-10am on the previous day. When you have tests done by the doctor it takes some times a week or two for the doctors office staff to get back to you with the results.

Doctor's Response

Probably a disgruntled patient after I would not continue to prescribe narcotics. Recommended pain specialist.

by Karen P. on May 12th, 2013

Very caring and looks out for best interest of the patient. Doesn't treat patients like a number. You may have a wait time at the office but that's because he is giving everyone individual attention.

Apr 5th, 2013

Dr. Timmel is the finest Dr. I have had in over 70 years. He has been my Dr. through liver failure and a liver transplant and never failed to send me to the best specialist when my condition was beyond his expertise. He was the best "gatekeeper" I have ever seen, keeping all my care co-ordinated even though I eventually had specialists as far away as Northwestern University Memorial Hospital in Chicago. Today he still sends the results of every test to the approiate specialist and alerts me by the day after the test if I need to consult with another doctor. Yes, sometimes there is a wait to see him, but often I took enough extra time myself to make him run behind for the patients waiting to see him after me. I prefer to wait to be sure anyone ahead of me gets the same quality of treatment I have always received. The staff is incredible! They always try to be kind and understanding and always have a big smile for you. He is my HERO.

Nov 6th, 2012

I've been a patient of Dr. Timmmel for over 8 years and during that time all of my family has been with him, 8 years ago he was the doctor to see, spent time with you, short wait times, and spent a great deal of time with patients Within the last 2 years his office staff friendliness has deteriorated wait times are now ridiculous you might see the doctor after waiting 1 1/2 hours and he might spend 10 minutes with him. It also seems Dr. Timmel is giving priority to patients with different insurance types and if you have a chronic pain condition even if he has previously been treating you for that condition definitely not the doctor to see. When you call his medical assistant call backs take over 1 day even if you call around 9-10am on the previous day.

Doctor's Response

Probably Disgruntled patient after I would not agree to his request for continued narcotics. Recommended pain specialist.

Sep 4th, 2012

Dr. Timmel is a great Dr. I recently moved from another physician to Dr. Timmel because when I made appointments to see the Dr, I saw the PA instead. Dr. Timmel may take a while with his patients, but I would rather him take his time, and give the right diagnosis, instead of treating me like a number with a now serving sign in the lobby. Much Kudos to the team in Clermont! Professional, helpful, kind, and caring! I am glad to be a patient here!!

What a GREAT Doctor!! show details What a GREAT Doctor!!
Dec 22nd, 2011

If I could I would give Dr. Timmel "10" STARS... Thorough, caring, and dedicated; he is just an OUTSTANDING physician...

One of those Doctors worth waiting for show details One of those Doctors worth waiting for
by Tina Kingston on Jun 6th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Timmel's for about 6 years now. Never have I left his office feeling he wasn't listening or hadn't taken the time needed to explain something to me. The ONLY negative I see with his office is this: Dr. Timmel does what it takes with EACH patient. Sometimes that makes him get behind schedule. Early morning appointments are your best bet. But always remember as much time as he takes with the patient that makes him late is what he will take with you as well.Well read, knowledgeable, and willing to work with the patient instead of the older mindset of "do what I tell you."

Sometimes a long wait but great doctor show details Sometimes a long wait but great doctor
by Citysearch User on Aug 28th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I have been going to see Dr. Timmel for the past 5 years and he has provided good care for me and my husband. Although sometimes there is l...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Caring Doc show details Caring Doc
by A patient on May 1st, 2008

Very caring & appears interested in any problems you have. Takes time to listen & asks if there are anymore questions.