Dr. Michael Torsiello MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

June 1st, 2016
Brilliant dr. Knows his stuff, who cares about dress .

April 20th, 2016
Dr. T is the best at what he does ! He is the type of doctor that you want on your side and taking care of you.

November 24th, 2014
awful experience
My husband was transferred from the hospital to Care One because Dr. Torsiello had relationship with that center for "Wound Care". He came to see husband the day before his discharge and described what his plan of care would be. HE NEVER EXAMINED my husband's wound. He appears very unkempt and unprofessional. He wore sneakers, jeans and a ball cap,and was unshaven. He spoke rather crudely and was rushed and dismissive to our questions. We discussed this with our regular doctor and he said that was his way but he got good results. Despite our reservations, my husband went along. He was at the rehab center for 10 days and Dr. Torsiello NEVER Came to see him for the ten days he was there.. We questioned the staff and the nurse and they said that he called in instructions. I asked how he could do that if he never saw the wound and we were told that there is only one treatment for every wound. My husband left after 10 days although his wound was actually worse than when he went in. He went to another doctor and it healed in one week. It seems as though this is some kind of scam he is running there and combined with all the different places he has opened and then left abruptly, I question the ethics of this doctor.

April 20th, 2013
EXCELLANT DOCTOR
Dr Tosiello is very nice and so is his staff. He saved my life and I really thank him for it.

July 13th, 2011
Incompetent Doctor
Doctor was totally unprepared for my procedure. He kelp me under anesthesia an extra 3 hours while he waited for delivery of items needed for my surgery. He left them at his office...What an incompetent person. This time overrun resulted in my being billed for over $5000 for extra fees by the anesthesiologist and the hospital. Do not use this Doctor. I will be filing a lawsuit shortly.

March 25th, 2011
Zero stars for this Doctor
I went to Dr. Torsiello because of a wound that was slow to heal. I experienced several mistakes that were made, some quite serious.1.The staff did not wear name tags nor identify themselves, I don't know who they were or what their qualifications are. 2. The office environment was very unpleasant and the staff were unprofessional; they discussed other patients and problems in full view of other patients, even going so far as to ridicule a patient that had just left. 3.Billing is done to an entirely different office practice that is unrelated to this office.4. Dr. Torsiello prescibed on off label medication that he invented that was only available at one pharmacy. I told by a receptionist to sign "MY FORM". When I read this release it had another patient's name and information.5. I was told at my second visit to go for a procedure that wasn't prescribed for me and when declined, I was told it was the Dr. orders.6. I asked them to please call the Dr. (since he was not there) and I was told to wait. After one hour without hearing anything, I chose to leave.7. Dr. Torsiello himself looks unkempt and does not project a professional appearance. He has a scruffy beard and wears a baseball cap. He shook my hand with a latex glove on and immediately examined my wound with the same hand without changing the glove or washing his hands. He demeanor is arrogant and he acted annoyed with my questions. He has a "take or leave it' attitude.8. The office is cluttered and the staff eat their lunch on the same table that is in the middle of the examining area. It doesn't instill confidence if you have an open wound that proper aseptic technique is used.I will not return as this was the most unprofessional environment that I have experienced and the most careless and uncaring staff. I can't imagine that even a free clinic would be run this way; certainly not an practice that charges full fee.