Dr. Michael Trainor DO Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Las Vegas, NV

January 4th, 2017
Appointments
Trying to obtain an appointment is very very frustrating. I was put on hold for 15 minutes and disconnected. I tried the on-line appointment and never heard from the office. I called back the next day and again was put on hold for 15minutes.

September 27th, 2013
great doctor needs better staff
I had to wait, and wait. It was OK because doctor was very good and great bedside manner. But his office staff were curt and bordering on rude. Enough to make me think twice about getting other options. After all- I have to deal with them every time I need to see the doctor... so disappointing

June 3rd, 2013
watch out worst Dr in prescott
This is a horrible Dr he billed me for things he did not do lied on my medical records and billed my insurance company for things he did not do this man cares about no one he is to full of himself to be a good doctor i would not let this man do a surgery on my back if he was the last surgeon alive I should have gone to flagstaff or phoenix to see a specialist to the good advice that I just didn't take.

March 19th, 2013
Had 2 Surgeries with him
Best ortho surgeon I've ever had. He did 2 spinal surgeries on me with excellent results. Would highly recommend him.

October 20th, 2012
Above and Beyond - staff and doctor
i was in terrible sciatic pain and called Dr. Trainor's office for appt. at 4pm. They gave me an appt immediately for 6 (one hr later after initiating the call AND AFTER hours!). I was to fill out paperwork in advance and the receptionist offered to drive to my house, help me fill it out and bring it (and me) back for the appt.(I live 20 min from the office.) When i arrived, two kind staff met me in the parking lot offering a wheel chair. When I saw Trainor, he was superb. Calm, careful, empathetic, warm, professional, competent, comprehensive. He was with me for over an hour explaining everything i needed in great details made available to my level of capacity to understand and sent me home with clear solutions for my pain (Rx), a script for MRI etc., and a plan forwards to relieve my symptoms. I met with him a week later (the drugs had saved me) and he was the same. I had to wait an hour but when he arrived, he spent over an hour with me. I told him normally i would mind the wait but i knew he was spending the quality time he spends with me with another. I would and did get my turn and his care and concern and expertise was top-rate. Superb. Regrettably he felt my MRI contraindicated most of our strategies. My last encounter was to pick up my file (for some potential surgeons) and they instantly recognized me (the receptionist says she studies our files to make sure she knows everyone by name)... it was waiting as they had promised an hour after i requested it.In summary: speaking as a critical patient who will write a bad review when warranted... but good ones for balance... Trainor and his office are top-rate. Professional, concerned (genuinely), clear communicators and in my case went well above and beyond the call of duty in every way. My only critique of trainor (only one, in all other respects he is A+) is that he is very much the traditional surgeon in that he will not discuss more conservative treatments such as yoga, acupuncture, diet, even physical therapy. with me, at least, these never came up. So, be aware of that. however, for orthopedic advice and capacity, A++.

September 3rd, 2012
operated on me for hip replacement,did terrible job, had to have another hip replacement in Phoenix to correct hislack of knowledge.

November 9th, 2011
Office manager rude and refused to make an appointment. Sent me off on a wild goose chase which my primary doctor said was unnecessary. Left with no appointment.

July 17th, 2010
David & Mabel Brown
Our family has had two incidences withDr Trainor. We are happy with him. He is professional, and spends the time to explore all options for your situation.Above all, we like that he is truthful,even when it is not what we want to hear.

July 4th, 2009
Incompetent
He lost the tool in my back and took 1.5 hours trying to reconnect to it. When rummaging around trying to find it, he damaged a nerve to my leg. He took 7.5 hours to do the surgery. He did not diagnose a blood clot in my leg, which my regular doctor found on a routine visit. I am no better off now than I was before the surgery. I would not recommend this doctor.