Dr. Michael Tralla MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

April 4th, 2016
Horrible experience. Doctor didn't spend any time with me. Looked in my nose for 2 seconds and hit something with the instrument inside my nose that then hurt for a day. Told me to use nasal rinse which gave me the worst headaches. Billing staff is useless. No communication between doctor and the staff.

May 8th, 2015
abusive, condescending bedside manner
As soon as he walked through the door he had an additude. I was referred to him by the er for a abcess drain. My face was extremely swollen and any one could see I was in a tremendous amount of pain. He began to lecture me on why I should buy a mouth guard. When I told him I hadn't been able to afford one because I had just moved from oklahoma, he raised his voice and said "well you can afford to pay for the er". At this point he went on a rant about money and I stood up and said,"you know what, I am leaving you have a horrible bedside manner! " I then walked to the receptionist desk and asked for my 35 dollar copay. I was crying out of anger and pure pain from my abcess, and the nurse walked up behind me and asked if I saw the doctor. I said "yes and he has a horrible bedside manner, I will never come back! " You might be wondering now if anyone apologized, nope. I am sure this man has been abusive to other patients. As if it is any of his business what is going on with my financial situation. You would think he would want to help a patient who was in so much pain. He needs to be in anger management counseling. The worst experience I have ever had with a doctor.

February 23rd, 2015
The rudest staff, very unprofessional. I would not recommend to anyone.

April 15th, 2014
M & A Consultant
I have seen him for 8.5 years and he has been honest and true to the facts of my issues. He reviewed 4 operation I had on my ear and found that there was nothing more that could be done. And he has been there when my other health issues resulted in long term bleeding from medications I was taken. He's been great....

September 23rd, 2012
most informed;explains well

March 6th, 2012
Messed me up bad
Dr. Tralla did surgury on me in 2008 and I have since had to have 2 other surgerys to fix what he did. My original problem is still going on and I'm out thousands of dollars. Go somewhere else!

March 7th, 2011
knew his stuff

January 3rd, 2011
I arrived for my 11:00 AM appointment 15 minutes late. I waited almost 1:45 until I asked when I would be able to see the doctor. I was told it "would be soon", the same answer I was told an hour ago.Finally, after spending 40 minutes there and 1:45 waiting, I decided to leave so I walked out. Total time wasted was about 3:00 hours.There you have it.

November 16th, 2010
Steer Clear of this Doc!
I have had a re-occurring infection in my ear for over two years now. The last infection I got was by far the worst as my ear swelled 5 times its normal size, became purple, and was extremely painful. I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Tralla because, out of 10 ENT offices, this was the office I could schedule an appointment with soonest. After sitting in the waiting room for an hour, I was taken back only to have Dr. Tralla quickly barge in, immediately telling me the procedure he was going to perform on the ear before even looking at it or hearing my entire 2 years of previous medical treatment I had been through with it. I literally had to interrupt him to let him know I had already had the procedure he was suggesting done (more than once in fact) which he seemed irritated by and said "Well you didn't tell me that." I couldn't even reply that he never gave me a chance to explain and there was absolutely NO paper work area in order to do so, even though the office charges $345 just for the doctor to go over that new patient information alone!! Mind you that does NOT include anything that happens during the appointment after that. After making a 1/4 inch incision ( and charging me $325 for it ) he told me the surgery they would have to do would cost me $2,500 and insurance would not cover it (which come to find out from a different doctor, insurance does cover a portion so the cost is actually only $850). I then had to suggest to him (a doctor!) that I receive antibiotics in order to help the quite obvious infection. I made an appointment for the surgery but luckily decided to get a second opinion (thank god!) When I called Dr. Tralla's office in order to cancel my surgery with him, he was next to the receptionist; I told her I was going to cancel my appointment, she asked why and I explained I simply felt more comfortable with the other doctor I had seen in regards to the surgery. I then heard Dr. Tralla loudly and angrily asking the receptionist, "why is she not coming to me? why does she feel uncomfortable with me?!" making me sit on the phone and justify why I made the decision to choose another doctor and then making me give the name of my new doctor! Unfathomably unprofessional!! I am ECSTATIC I cancelled my surgery with Dr. Tralla and found a doctor I could trust, that had actual concern for my medical situation, and that didn't charge my an absolutely OUTRAGEOUS amount for nothing. Also, come to find out through my second doctor and the pre-surgery information I was given by their office, there were NUMEROUS vitamins, supplements, and medications that are not supposed to be taken within two weeks of the surgery because they thin the blood; Dr. Tralla's office had a very mere FEW of these listed not to take. I would absolutely NEVER recommend this doctor and would very strongly suggest steering clear!

September 14th, 2010
Poor "bedside" manner
This doctor is extremely condescending and almost abusive in his handling of questions. He talks down to the patient and when the patient disagrees or questions him, he takes on an attitude of I am the almighty doctor and who are you to question me. He does not explain procedures and if you ask him what is his diagnosis of your problem, he is evasive. Furthermore, if you have a concern for privacy, this office is not the one to select. His humiliating and abusive comments could be heard in the waiting room - which may be a violation of HIPA rules.

February 22nd, 2010
Worth the wait???
They are always running behind. Once I got a call and they wanted to reschedule my appointment because he had a surgery scheduled during my original appointment. They wanted me to come in an hour earlier. When I got there I ended up waiting 40 minutes past my original appointment time. I lost a whole day at work. When I spoke to the nurses they said "it happens". He is a good doctor if you can get past his staff.

July 28th, 2009
I do not recommend Dr Tralla.
Dr. Tralla removed my 7 year olds tonsils about a year ago. The office staff was not polite and insisted on gathering my SS# in a rather unfriendly manner. He spent maybe 5 minutes with her to diagnose - then we saw him briefly again before the surgery. Once she was at home recovering she began the antibiotics and started to vomit - this continued for a bit so I called the in call number AS INSTRUCTED TO DO if she vomtied, had a fever etc. Which she did. The on call doctor - not doctor Tralla, was the RUDEST. He told me that I should do a better job parenting and make her drink, SO it was my fault. I was furious. I went to the ER instead of his recommendation where they kept her over night to get her back on track. The hospital contacted Dr Tralla to get his advice on the antibiotic and he instisted we resume that treatment. I did not and never went back for our follow up. I did not want this man or his associates to receive any more of my money.