Michael P Truong MD Patient Reviews

• 5 reviews

June 4th, 2014
Not a positive experience for me
I went in with chronic heel pain for over 8 months. someone took me back to room and took vitals and basic issue info. Then Physician assistant grilled me on the Drs. I had already seen, how I found out about them, what I had already tried (this after I had already provided them with a written time table of my issue and what I had tried). She then checked me out. Poked and prodded but couldn't generate much pain. She was frustrated and I got upset. Physician Assist then went out and explained what she had found out to Dr. Dr. came in. Started looking at my left heel which I told her wasn't as sore as the right, she was suprised that it was bilateral and accused the physician assistant of not telling her it was bilateral. She very quickly prodded the area and I apparently didn't respond strongly enough with affirmations of pain. I tried to explain that she needed to slow down the prods so I could tell her which prod hurt. She said "if you have to think about whether you have pain there, then it is not that bad and I can't help you". She also had me walk on my heels and walk on my toes and since I could do that, i guess she also thought I wasn't hurt that bad. I got emotional at that point because it seemed clear that she wasn't interested in helping me and she totally shut down and couldn't work with me and didn't show any compassion. I know I shouldn't have gotten emotional but I have been dealing with this for a long time, drove 2 hours to get there, waited almost a month for the appointment and was very discouraged. I had hoped it would go differently. So for me, this Dr. wasn't what I had hoped.

July 1st, 2013
Pt=patient
er own T2D long before her 1st visit to Dr. Truong!?! Mere fact is that her symptoms of weight gain of 2X her "normal weight" should have prompted her to ask for, in her own words, this simple in-office test. Unlike Type 1, her Type-2 D is a lifestyle disease and easily recognized as such by licensed nurses. After becoming Dr. Troung's pt, I would encourage you to meet him yourself if you are in need of a new endo. The other reviews give him very high marks; her ranting review was "not helpful" and lacks credibility.

May 28th, 2013
a great and sympathetic doctor
I had been to other doctors before as I have no thyroid. Mr. Troung is thorough and spends much time with his patients. He is always booked and it take a while to get in, but he is worth it!

January 21st, 2012
This M.D. is suppose to be a "Board-Certified Endocrinologist", and yet he totally missed my Diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes, as well as Hypothyroidism. After doing an exam, he sent me for an MRI of my Pituitary Gland. Of course it came back "NORMAL" as I expected, since I had NO symptoms of Pituitary Disease. After my MRI, I was told by Dr. Truong "Just go upstairs to our weight-loss clinic and they can help put you on a diet to lose weight." I left his office VERY upset and discouraged. My regular MD told me That he felt that Dr. Truong was wrong, and that Dr. Truong had made many errors on his patints in the past and that he would NEVER have sent me to Dr. Truong. He asked me to "Please go get a second opinion", and sent me to what he called "a real Endocrinologist." I saw an Endocrinologist in Irvine, who was able to diagnose my problem with a simple fingerstick blood sugar test that takes 30 seconds in the office. (By the way, ALL endocrinologists have the blood glucose monitor in their offices.) My blood sugar was over 300 (Normal is 60-110.) I was then formally diagnosed through a series of fasting blood tests done through the Lab. I was also diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and put on 2 types of medication for that, as well as medication and a treatment plan for my type 2 Diabetes. Within 4 months of being properly diagnosed, my blood sugar was stabilized, and I had lost 70 pounds with not even trying!!! Prior to that, my weight had ballooned up to 350 pounds on a 5'4 frame. My normal weight my whole life as an adult had been between 120-130 pounds. I was SO HUGE that my family didn't even recognize me. And I also had absolutely NO energy at all, as well as severely dry flaking skin (from the Hypothyroidism.) within 4 months of being PROPERLY diagnosed, I felt GREAT!!! Now, 7 years later, my Diabetes is still under control (HGB A1-C of 5.0, as well as a total weight loss of almost 200 pounds!!!! (Remember that my weight had ballooned up to 350 pounds.) I still need to lose about another 30 pounds, but am doing GREAT!!! I have my life back and can do things with my daughter that I could NEVER have done prior to getting the correct diagnosis. Also, I am a nurse, so I knew all along what the symptoms of Pituitary Disease were, and knew that Dr. Truong was WAY offbase with his diagnosis. Bottom line, this Dr. Truong should NEVER be treating patients with Endocrine problems!!! I filed a formal complaint with the AMA about this MD., and just want the public to "BEWARE"!!

June 10th, 2010
Extremely knowledgeable and caring.