Dr. Michael Twede MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Draper, UT

January 28th, 2015
Been a patient at Dr. Twede's office since 1991. He and his staff are really great!
I have been a patient of Dr. Twede since 1991. I have had 3 of my children with him, an endometriosis surgery, and a miscarriage. Dr. Twede took the time to assist me during a very difficult time. He has an incredible bedside manner, even at 3am! :) Dr. Twede, Diana,the receptionist, his nurse, and Linda Goodenough PA, have always been very sweet and helpful to me. They have always done an excellent job for me and my family. The billing staff is professional and easy to work with. They really went the extra mile with me. I would highly recommend this office to anyone! Because Dr. Twede always took just the right amount of time with me. I have never felt rushed. He is extremely knowledgeable. In an OBGYN office, they have patients having babies and it hasn't happened very often, but if they need to reschedule, they do so that I can get in quickly.

January 23rd, 2015
Takes the time!
He spends the time needed to know what is going on with your body

January 21st, 2015
Congratulated me on my miscarriage
I was out of town and had a miscarriage, the emergency room referred me to Dr. Twede for a follow up. Right from the beginning the staff was unfriendly and I waited to see the doctor for over a half an hour. When I finally was seen Dr. Twede came in the room and told me congratulations! I had to tell him 3 times that he had the wrong chart until he stopped congratulating me... Even once he realized that I had a miscarriage and that congratulations were definitely not in order his bedside manner was abysmal. Did he feel bad? I have no idea, he didn't even apologize and with no real compassion he got down to business and basically just went through the motions to get me out of there. Then after the appointment is was like pulling teeth to get my records sent to my real OB. WOULD NOT GO BACK AGAIN!

January 6th, 2015
Great Physician. Always takes the time to address concerns and does so in a very informative way.

November 27th, 2013
A few years ago I left a positive review on here for this dr. Not the type to leave reviews but I feel the need to share. Dr twede was great as a surgeon for me. He did a lap for me & a D&C. However. I struggled to get pregnant & had several issues causing this. At first they put me on clomid & kept drawing my blood, with no ovulation success. But never bothered to check for cysts. When I went in for an ultrasound, I had a cyst almost 10 cm in size & almost lost my ovary to it. You could tell when he saw it he thought "oops!". I could have forever lost my chance to possibly have children because of their incompetency. When I finally did get pregnant after an insemination, (by the way the nurse who performs this is so kind & wonderil & even gave me her cell phone number in case I had questions), the PA female dr there was so rude to me when I wanted hormone levels checked because of family history of miscarriage. She argued with me & didn't want to "approve" it. The nurse at the time was also very rude, but he cycles through nurses so fast she was gone within 3 visits. Anyway, at our first ultrasound, he was very behind & kept leaving the room to see other patients & making us wait. When the dr can't find a heart beat on Doppler & leaves you waiting 15-20 min to do ultrasound it's very nerve wracking. He did an external & couldn't find anything (even the baby) so said he wanted to do internal, & left again for another 15 min to see another patient. When he came back, us being nervous wrecks, did internal & sure enough our baby had passed. I believe it passed because of him not telling me to increase my thyroid medication once I got pregnant. I also know I have a low progesterone problem now, but at the Time I didn't. Thyroid meds must be increased by 30-50% as soon as you fall pregnant or major risk of loss. After wards his waits became longer & longer, me even waiting for 90 minutes for an appointment. He was always rushing literally jumping up & running out of room & I had to keep saying wait I'm not done I have a question! I always had to reexplain my history every time I saw him. It went down hill very quickly, he lost all bedside manner. I left to find a real fertility dr & got pregnant within 2 tries after all kinds of amazing tests he never bothered to order. I began seeing Russell smith after I got pregnant. Let me tell you, when you finally see a dr who has compassion, time, caring, it's a world of difference. Russel smith is an incredible dr & I'm so mad I put up with twede as long as I did. Diana the receptionist is wonderful though.

April 2nd, 2013
Dr Twede is my pcp
Since I worked for my insurance company , he is my pcp dr, I think besides I have to wait to see him , he is a Dr I need to see when things are not right with my health, I went my first experience on surgery with him , for hysterectomy and it went very well . He advised me and have the time to talk to me about my medical issues , and help me in every single possible way over the years. . Diane at the fron desk is very kind and knows me well.. The nurse line is always calling me back for any possible question I have , and for paperwork issues , they are always willing to help me get it right for my insurance and did not have any problems since 2005 He will be my pcp as long as I can , and come back every year to see him for my yearly check ups , and medical concerns or advise. Thank you Dr Twede!

September 21st, 2012
Went to Tweed for 2 1/2 years
I like many people had a really hard time getting pregnant. I was referred to Tweed by friends and people from work. Almost every visit i went to i waited an average of 30 mins to 1 hr 20 mins when i made an appointment way in advance. I felt like just a number to Tweed and his staff. I like many others did not know really what to expect out of a doctor that helps with fertility issues so i stuck with him, hoping that i could have a baby. I went through the steps with testing me and my hubby,did clomid up to the highest dose, and then added in progesterone on top of that. These pills are not the cheapest to have to purchase every month. I was billed for every test i did with them and would get outrageous lab bills because my insurance would not cover anything that had to do with fertitly. even when they said they could "code it differently". With wanting a baby you just learn to look past that and hope for the best. I had reached my breaking point because i was getting no where and hardly ever saw Tweed him self, when i did get to see him and talk about options it was rushed and not well explained. I ended up doing more research online and finding out information that way on my own. My sister had just had her second baby .. of Corse she is the type that looks sideways and is pregnant, and i was there when her doctor came in the room. She had always said how fantastic he was to work with and how informative that he is, so i asked if i could talk with him when he was done with my sister. Not only did he take time out of his busy schedule he took the time to make me feel like I was his patient that he cared about. He confirmed alot of my research and spelled out everything for me so i understood it better. The next week i made an appointment got right in didnt have to wait more then 7 mins and with in a month and a half i was pregnant! I am not one to write reviews, and not bad ones at all but in this case i dont want any other woman going through what i did and have a terrible experience. When you are ready to have a baby you are ready, and if you are having any troubles getting pregnant please do not waste your time with Tweed, you will be just another number and another pay check to him and his staff.

November 9th, 2011
Love!!!
I love and adore this man. I have a severe case of endometriosis classified as "deep", thyroid problems, and fertility issues. He found my thyroid first thing when I told him my symptoms and had no idea what it could be. He is so great with my endo, he was a wonderful surgeon, yet because of the type that I have he was expecting me to still have pain, which I do. He is wonderful for pain management for me, helping me with what ever I need. He is so knowledgable and helps me understand my condition and options for treatment. He is concerned for safety, I asked him if I could have surgery again, and he said it is too soon and to focus on attaining pregnancy. most doctors would have said sure let's do it again so I can make money. He will sit and answer all your questions, never feel rushed, and he is very compassionate and just wants me to feel well and be comfortable. If I ever have a problem not feeling well with my thyroid medication, he will take a lab, but also go by my symptoms, he isn't just a numbers on a paper kind of Doctor. He wants you to feel well. we have just begun fertility testing, he has eased my mind so much and said "don't you worry about that, you let me deal with it" such a great man I can't wait till I am pregnant and to have him there. My last appointment the room next to me had a pregnant woman, I could hear most of the conversation, he was so sweet with her and helpful.

November 10th, 2010
The most wonderful doctor ever!!
Dr. Micheal Twede is a very special to my husband and I he delivered all three of our children. Dr. Twede truely cares for his patients. He has always been very professional with me. Of coarse I referred him to my sister and mother. This should tell you how much I truely trust this man. He has been my doctor for fourteen years. His staff is as wonderful as he is. Diane is truely sweet and a joy to see when I am not feeling well or just need a routine check up. Julie his nurse, what a patient angel. She always finds the answers for me and go's above and beyond.

October 18th, 2010
I wouldnt have had the family and life I have
I couldn't get pregnant. I was my own birth control. Now I have two kids13 and 11

October 6th, 2010
Dr. Twede is FABULOUS
I went to Dr. Twede with both of my babies. Because of my age, infertility issues, and risk-involved pregnancies, I needed a doctor I could trust and one that would take all measures to assure thing went smooth. Dr. Twede does just this. Dr. Twede takes no risks. He monitored several things during my pregnancies, things that other doctors would have just let nature take its course. Thanks to Dr. Twede I have two healthy, happy babies. While dealing with my infertility, other doctors actualy told me that I should start looking into adoption. Dr. Twede was caring and thoughtful and helped us work through our fertility issues by monitoring and testing and trying different procedures. If I ever choose to have more children, I wouldn't trust anybody else.

December 8th, 2009
I went to Dr. Twede by referral from 2 coworkers who also struggled getting pregnant. He immediately started the testing to find the problem. He told me the steps we would take to finding the problem of fertility. I LOVED that he didn't tell me to "keep trying" like my last OB/GYN had. I did get pregnant 4 months later, after diagnosis. He was super kind and caring. I missed going to the office after my last maternity check up. His nurses even helped watch the baby while I got my 6 week after baby checkup. I RECOMMEND!