Dr. Michael Tyner MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

April 12th, 2015
Ridiculous Wait Time
6.5 hours in his office on my first visit. Never again.

June 21st, 2014
Very Best, Top Rate Surgeon
I have had 5 medical procedures done by Dr. Tyner. His compassion, caring and expertise put me at ease the very first time I saw him, and made the following surgeries much easier because I would trust this man with my life. And I did. He is an excellent surgeon and a wonderful human being. I recommend him to anyone that needs a really qualified surgeon.

February 6th, 2013
Dr. Tyner is a great surgeon I have had no complications, but the aftercare is outrageous! I did not see Dr. Tyner after my surgery had to wait until 3:30pm the next day for him to sign my discharge papers and the after care at this office is unprofessional, be prepared for less friendlier staff after you paid for your surgery and wait times for over 30-mins.

February 23rd, 2012
Dr. Tyner is a wonderful doctor. You will probably have a wait before you see him, but it will be worth it. When he starts your visit, you are the only thing he focuses on, and he will stay until he has discussed all options and answered any questions and will ask questions to make everything clear for everyone. I have seen him for 2 separate issues and refer him to my friends.

November 9th, 2010
2hr wait- never seen!
Let me start by saying I am a nurse at WakeMed- so I know what its like to take care of patients and get busy at times. However, after going to this practice today, I was VERY disappointed. I got to the office well before my appt time to fill out paperwork, and waited for 2 HRS without being seen! I was also there with my 4wk old infant- not intending to spend my entire maternity leave in a doctor's office! When I asked the receptionist what was taking so long, she said she wasn't sure, and didn't even bother to get up and see where my chart was. When I asked for a refund of my copay, she said okay, when do you want to reschedule? Obviously this practice DOES NOT value their patients or their business. I will not be referring any of my patients to this practice!

October 26th, 2010
BEST SURGEON EVER
I HAVE USED DR. TYNER FOR MANY UNFORTUNATE SURGERIES. HIS STAFF, CARE AND EXPERT SURGERY IS A GIFT FROM GOD. HIGHLY RECOMENDED BY LEADING HOSPITALS IN THE COUNTRY(I DID MY HOMEWORK) AND SURGICAL NURSES AS WELL, I WOULD TRUST NONE OTHER. SURGERY IS NOT SOMETHING TO TAKE LIGHTLY. KNOWING YOU HAVE THE BEST SURGEON? PRICELESS!

June 23rd, 2010
I recommend Dr Tyner for anyone who needs a general surgeon. He did my gastric bypass surgery about seven months ago. Now there is 77 lbs less of me so far : ) and I feel great! I felt very informed before the surgery and continue to have ultimate confidence in him and his staff. His bedside manner is exceptional. He is never rushed at my appointments, giving me all the time I need. Jackie, his nurse, went way above the call of duty before my surgery, making sure that I was well informed about what to expect and how to be fully prepared for this life-changing experience. I couldn't be happier. Bless you Dr Tyner!

February 10th, 2010
Excellent doctor
This doctor has been involved with my family for about 12 years with various family members. When my turn came, I was able to get an appointment right away, and he tried very consertative mesasures untile my insurance situation improved. Once surgery was no longer an option, it was scheduled quickly, the most upsetting part was waiting for him to get out of another surgery the next day to sign the release papers. His nurse, Kris, has always been great about answering quesions and phone calls, even if just to say that she's waiting on Dr. Tyner to tell her what to do.I have recommended Dr. Tyner to several people that needed to have surgery and will continue to do so.

March 26th, 2009
The good Dr did not never get around to the scheduled surgery. After a nine hour wait at the hospital my husband's only request was to go home and reschedule. The Doc firmly refused to entertain that notion . Long story short, that was 4 years ago. Today, my husband is disabled and in constant pain everyday. Take from that what you will!