Dr. Michael Underwood MD Patient Reviews

• Interventional Cardiology Knoxville, TN

December 8th, 2015
Dr. Underwood took time to explain everything to my father. The staff is excellent and it was easy to make an appointment.

October 16th, 2012
tHIS PERSON IS THE MOST UNCARING AND RUDE INDIVIDUAL THAT i HAVE ENCOUNTERED IN QUIET SOMETIME. lOOK ELSEWHERE IF YOUARE IN NEED OF AN DOCTOR.

May 17th, 2011
So very thankful for Dr. Underwood
After ignoring my chest pain, I went to see Dr. Underwood, and was sent to the hospital for an emergent heart catheterization. I had a successful stenting of occluded arteries and went home. Two days later, my stents re-occluded and experienced the worst chest pain ever. I called 911, went unconcious and the rest of the story is told to me by my sons. I had to be intubated and on a ventilator. Because of further declining vital signs, I was placed on an intra-aortic heart balloon pump to do the work of my heart. I had cardiogenic shock, a serious complication which many do not survive. But because of his dedication, exceptional skilled care and direction, I luckily and by grace, survived a month long hospital stay with many turns and twists. I owe my gratitude over and over to him. I must include his staff, and nurses at PWH with their display of professionalism and efficient care. My sons say I am a miracle and they too think Dr. Underwood goes above and beyond the normal standards for delivery of care. May God bless you Dr. Underwood and staff to continue the outstanding quality of care you provide. A mere "thank you" for saving my life and allowing me to spend more time with family , just does not seem equivalent.