Dr. Michael Mclean MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Coos Bay, OR

1.5

September 18th, 2015
He ignored a hair line fracture after a total knee replacement that turned into a spiral break. A rod and screws were then needed to stabilize the break. My leg hurts almost all the time.

February 5th, 2014
Stay away!
Mr. McLean has got to be one of the worst surgeons in our area! He is very impressionable and seems to be a people person, but I would NOT let him do surgery on anyone! I had a knee surgery done by him and it was an absolute horrible experience! What should have been a very simple meniscus repair turned out to be three years of absolute torture. He would not admit he made a mistake, nor would he fix it. He would only tell me that I needed a complete knee replacement and referred to it as "no big deal." I woke up during the surgery and heard loud music playing, which I hear is normal. I told him about that and he laughed and said that he always listens to music while he is doing surgery. Well that was ok I thought, no big deal, but he had given me every excuse why the surgery did not go as planned. He told me after the surgery he would give me four days and I would "feel like dancing" and I would have a knee "as good as new". Eight weeks later I could still not put all my weight on it. Another doctor in his office sent me to PT, which I went through for months! I could no longer bend my knee and began having pain in my hip. He gave me shots for a while, then said I had arthritis. Now because he told me I had arthritis, this became an "existing condition" so my insurance company no longer paid for the bills and I have been stuck with my condition for three years! To make a long story short, he messed up! Honestly, I really think he was doing prescription drugs or something. That is the feeling I always had, of course I cannot prove that, but I'm so sure, I am willing to put it out there! I just want other people to know to stay away from this surgeon!

September 23rd, 2012
Run dont walk away!
This is a surgery hungry Doctor who will misrepresent the facts of your condition to make money.