A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Valan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Valan is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Valan
Major Depressive Disorder Patient Education Vitals patient guide for major depressive disorder and types and sypmtoms of depression such as dysthymia or postpartum.Before Visiting Dr. Valan Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Valan, MD is board certified in Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- Sleep Disorders
- Women's Health
Education & Awards
Dr. Valan graduated from West Virginia University, Morgantown. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Valan has 4 hospital affiliations:
- California Pacific Medical Center - Davies Campus
- St. Luke's Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Valan MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 23 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Michael Valan practice?
- Dr. Michael Valan has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Valan practices Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Psychiatrists.