Dr. Michael Valitutto DO Patient Reviews

• 12 reviews

July 23rd, 2016
Service between appointments and telephone help!
It is impossible to get in touch with a live person from this office. You call and have to leave a message and wait for a return call. If you call late in the week you will have to wait till the next week for return call. Get everything you need during your appointment. The doctors and their staff are very helpful, courteous, and pleasant. I understand the office staff is in the process of changing , this may change everything for the better.

May 3rd, 2016
dr. is a very kind and smart man.

August 5th, 2015
Very professional. Very personable. Willing to listen to your concerns. Straight forward.

January 4th, 2015
Long Time Patient
I have been a patient of Dr. Valitutto for 9 years. I have had severe low blood sugars since November. I have also lost my memory. Dr. Valitutto was on a leave of absence, but was in constant contact with me through this ordeal. Dr. Valitutto made sure I received the appropriate medical care & ordered the appropriate tests for me. If anybody needs outstanding diabetes care, I highly recommend Dr. Valitutto.

October 28th, 2014
Patient
I have been seeing Dr. Valitutto for 8 years. I absolutely enjoy my visits with him. He doesn't just give me a medication, he suggests one and we discuss the benefits and side effects together. The two of us decide if I take the medication or not. Dr. Valitutto also compliments me when I am doing well and when I need to work harder, he gives me suggestions on how to get better numbers. Dr. Valitutto is very passionate about his work. If anybody were to find a cure for diabetes, it would be Dr. Valitutto.

July 26th, 2013
mixed bag
Really knows his stuff...top expert on latest in Diabetes BUT takes forever to get an appointment, front desk staff are curt, waiting room time has been up to 2 hours (REALLY?!?!). Talks a good game re followup but reality is there is not much from him. Hes a narcissist but very smart.

August 29th, 2012
Originally, I was very pleased with Dr. Valitutto. However, after having my last THREE appointments canceled, not even 24 hours in advance, I've lost respect for a lot of the staff at Borgess. I feel as though I am not taken seriously. I am a Type One diabetic and should be monitored on a regular basis, but can't even get an appointment. They cancel my appointments and I'm not able to reschedule. I will now be driving to Grand Rapids to see an endocrinologist there. At least in doing that, I will be seeing a doctor who truly cares about my health.

October 21st, 2011
I absolutely LOVE Dr. V. He makes you feel good about being sick. Lots of positive reinforcement from everyone on his staff.

July 25th, 2011
Very knowledgeable
I couldn't agree less with the two negative comments about Dr V characterizing him as arrogant and lacking compassion. My case is complex, yet he instantly recognized my concerns and The complex nature of my lab results. He made sure I was well informed and he gave me choices when appropriate, allowing me the chance to be part of the team and to approach the care in a way that fits my lifestyle.

April 5th, 2011
I LOVE VALITUTTO! He helped me the first time I came, didn't lecture me about the same old thing. Knew what I needed and got to business. I have never listened to a doctor so well. Love going back (except paying). Dietician in office is also a diabetic, so that's nice to know that someone who is dealing with the issue also works there!

September 27th, 2010
Complete absence of humanity. A Monster.
Not to stereotype, but gainig foreknowledge of Dr. Valitutto's orientation, I drew a false expectation of him displaying an elevated level of sensitivity toward his patients. Boy was I wrong! I was expecting Carson Kressley and I got Charles Manson! How anyone can choose medicine as their vocation and display what can only be interpreted as contempt for humankind is beyond comprehension!

September 24th, 2009
Arrogant
This doctor is as arrogant as they come. Not nice, no personality.