A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Van Scoy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Van Scoy is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Van Scoy, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Internal Medicine - Hospice & Palliative Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Van Scoy graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Van Scoy has 6 hospital affiliations:
- St Lukes Hospital Of Duluth
- Essentia Health – St. Marys Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Van Scoy accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 5 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 16 plans
- Anthem - 7 plans
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 1 plan
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael S. Van Scoy practice?
Dr. Michael Van Scoy practices Internal Medicine, Hospice & Palliative Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, and General Practice near Duluth, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Deer River, MN.
See Duluth Internists, Duluth Hospice & Palliative Specialists, Duluth Geriatric Doctors, and Duluth General Practitioners.