Internist, Rheumatologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  New Patient, No Call Back  |  show details
May 29th, 2013

My neurologist referred me to him. Took over a month for someone from his office to call me to make an appointment. After spending an hour in the waiting room and his staff refusing to do a manual blood pressure on me, like I insisted. He didn't read over my new patient form, I was rushed through my appointment, didn't seem to really care, his main priority was prescribing more meds. Which ended up causing my heart to race and feel like it was going to beat out of my chest. Called his office, still no call back. They wonder why so many people leave multiple messages. This is way, you don't call the patients back!

|  show details
by Thankful Patient on Mar 30th, 2013

I have been a patient for over 10 years. I am very pleased to have him as my doctor.

|  Dr. Michael Vandenberg Rheumatologist  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2012

Dr. Vandenberg at West Florida Rheumatology is our Angel. I have no complaints about him at all. He has a huge sense of humor and is always so patient while listening to my health complaints. God led us to him.With all that being said. The help staff that West Florida hires leave a lot to be desired. His staff has been rude, accused us of not paying our payment as we are self pay. And, our names are not the same, but will take my boyfriends payment and apply it to my account because I have a higher balance.The staff also neglected to forward the disability statement and forms to Dr Vandenberg so my boyfriend was denied disability. He now has removed himself from his Remicade treatment program as he can not longer tolerate the rude messages he has received from billing basically calling him a liar about paying his bil, only to find out later it was indeed paid, but they applied it to the wrong account. No appology, no nothing other than a rude reminder that we are self pay and it needs to be kept up. At the time, I was not self pay, I had insurance.Dr Van, we love you. You are awesome! I will be back to see you for sure.Dani/Pixie

|  Dr. Jerk  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2011

After much exertion and effort on my part, he refused to look at my records and copies of MRI's or x-rays. He reminded me of my age like I should expect to feel bad. As I told him of a gastrointestinal problem I was having with swelling, he said that he had found that if my stomach was swollen I probably had put too much food into my mouth. I have a litigitimate gastro problem and hardly eat anything. I was insulted and shown no respect or compassion.

|  My Doctor  |  show details
by Sandra K Cheney on Sep 22nd, 2009

Dr Vandenberg was my doctor for 4 years and he took such good care of me that when I moved to TX the doctor there "Your dr has taken great care of you". He also said it would be easy to take over for him. I have come back home and am waiting fo an appt to go back to him. I do not want to see anyone else. I am also very happy with his staff and the care they have given me. They listen to you and in turn this helps Dr. V.