Internist, Rheumatologist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Dr. Michael Vandenberg of Pensacola, FL. show details Dr. Michael Vandenberg of Pensacola, FL.
by Johnny Payne on Apr 6th, 2015

First off, to the review that said, he told me it's the amount of food I put in my mouth that causes my gastro problems, I would like to call you out before my Lord. Dr. Vandenberg would never say anything remotely associated to that sort of language. I have been nice, and rude to him, and the center wanted to completely cut me off; all other doctor's did so, but he said no, he needs treatment, and he would have a hard time finding a new doctor. Now, for a doctor that is on a contract, he could see one patient, or a hundred, and still make the same pay. He is deeply religious, as am I, so we both understand each other in the fact that we are redeemed in our Faith in redemption. The staff may be a disappointment, I will grant anyone that; however, he has no control over that. This is to review the greatest doctor I have ever had, not the staff, so he is worthy of four to five stars. I can call anytime he's on call, and he usually has a phone, they do not have to page him, and he has never been rude or rushed to me. He has caught conflicts in medications of other doctors; one in particular, was a very potent blood pressure medication, that if left as it was, could have severely impaired my life. Thank you all for your time. Johnny Payne

Dr. Vandenberg Great Doctor show details Dr. Vandenberg Great Doctor
by Evelyn Jurjens on Mar 13th, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Vandenberg for several years off an on. He has always been very kind and ready to find the pain and has kept me up walking. Thank him and God. His staff has also been nice. If you want someone to be nice to you, take a look in your heart and see if you have been nice to them.

New Patient, No Call Back show details New Patient, No Call Back
May 29th, 2013

My neurologist referred me to him. Took over a month for someone from his office to call me to make an appointment. After spending an hour in the waiting room and his staff refusing to do a manual blood pressure on me, like I insisted. He didn't read over my new patient form, I was rushed through my appointment, didn't seem to really care, his main priority was prescribing more meds. Which ended up causing my heart to race and feel like it was going to beat out of my chest. Called his office, still no call back. They wonder why so many people leave multiple messages. This is way, you don't call the patients back!

by Thankful Patient on Mar 30th, 2013

I have been a patient for over 10 years. I am very pleased to have him as my doctor.

Dr. Michael Vandenberg Rheumatologist show details Dr. Michael Vandenberg Rheumatologist
Jul 15th, 2012

Dr. Vandenberg at West Florida Rheumatology is our Angel. I have no complaints about him at all. He has a huge sense of humor and is always so patient while listening to my health complaints. God led us to him.With all that being said. The help staff that West Florida hires leave a lot to be desired. His staff has been rude, accused us of not paying our payment as we are self pay. And, our names are not the same, but will take my boyfriends payment and apply it to my account because I have a higher balance.The staff also neglected to forward the disability statement and forms to Dr Vandenberg so my boyfriend was denied disability. He now has removed himself from his Remicade treatment program as he can not longer tolerate the rude messages he has received from billing basically calling him a liar about paying his bil, only to find out later it was indeed paid, but they applied it to the wrong account. No appology, no nothing other than a rude reminder that we are self pay and it needs to be kept up. At the time, I was not self pay, I had insurance.Dr Van, we love you. You are awesome! I will be back to see you for sure.Dani/Pixie

Dr. Jerk show details Dr. Jerk
Jun 26th, 2011

After much exertion and effort on my part, he refused to look at my records and copies of MRI's or x-rays. He reminded me of my age like I should expect to feel bad. As I told him of a gastrointestinal problem I was having with swelling, he said that he had found that if my stomach was swollen I probably had put too much food into my mouth. I have a litigitimate gastro problem and hardly eat anything. I was insulted and shown no respect or compassion.

My Doctor show details My Doctor
by Sandra K Cheney on Sep 22nd, 2009

Dr Vandenberg was my doctor for 4 years and he took such good care of me that when I moved to TX the doctor there "Your dr has taken great care of you". He also said it would be easy to take over for him. I have come back home and am waiting fo an appt to go back to him. I do not want to see anyone else. I am also very happy with his staff and the care they have given me. They listen to you and in turn this helps Dr. V.