Dr. Michael Vavrik MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Carrollton, GA

September 27th, 2016
Most helpful
I have seen him since 2011. He has been the most helpful doctor in getting my health under control. He is very personal and easy to talk to. He never makes me feel rushed. I was in the hospital when I first met him. So thankful for him. Very good doctor.

December 7th, 2015
Great staff, great doctor.

March 19th, 2015
Made appointment to see Dr Vavrik, after waiting "1 hr and 45minutes, HAD to see his PA--She has no idea of thyroid problems and lab work. I was so upset that I waited so long and then see this unknowledgeable PA I was in tears. Have serious problems with thyroid and this doctor could care less!! I know that there is no endocronologist nearby, but, get someone to assist you and go to Atlanta. Our health is paramount, this doctor's practice is preposterous and patients beware! Check other remarks and they are disturbing, this doctor and his practice is incompetent!!!

May 23rd, 2014
Pitiful excuse for a doctor, pa & office manager. Some of staff was kind and people in lab were extremely nice(they do not work for the doctor). Wait time was rediculously long (over two hours). On first visit waited over 2 hours. When I opened room door heard pa and staff member lengthy conversation about what fixed for dinner night before. Definitely not business. PA and Dr vavrick were very rude and offended I would guestion why I had to wait for their personal conversation to be over. Office is not handicap friendly. Defintely do not use this Dr any longer. Sad their is not another endocrinologist near by. I suspect patients continue to take their abuse because they have no one else in this area. Shame that this office in general appears to be about the mighty dollar instead of the patient. DR Vavrik told me himself he makes way less than he did three years ago. Maybe he should quit practicing medicine and start stealing peoples money in a ponzi scheme.

August 19th, 2013
A good doctor with a heavy workload, so his bedside manner might seem a little abrupt. It comes with the job. The office is either understaffed or underutilized. They are courteous though. Getting through on the phone is a long process. Accounting tried to double dip on my co-pay, but that's become standard practice in the medical industry.

July 11th, 2013
More than once I've had a wait time of over 45 minutes and encountered unfriendly staff. While Dr. Vavrik does listen to a degree, if your feelings differ from his it feels as if yours are discounted, in my experience.

August 3rd, 2012
T.Evans
I called on an off day. He called me back in 15 min.

July 19th, 2012
Agree with others, mostly
I started going to Dr Vavrik when I moved to the area, to continue the treatment I've been getting for my thyroid for 6 years. He quickly dismissed my past diagnosis, refused to write a new prescription for my medication, and told me that my previous doctors have all been wrong- not just about my condition, but about endocrinology in general. After some HUGE complications from my untreated condition, my obgyn forced his office to see me after running the labwork herself. He refused to see me, and I was forced to see his PA, who has caused me to come in several more times due to her own and the nursing staff's incompetence. That's $50 each time, all to be told "oops, these weren't the right labs!" This is by far the worst endocrinologist I have ever been to, they do not listen to your concerns or believe a word you say. I will not be going back.

July 10th, 2012
Worthless Staff
waited a month to see the doctor after what I thought was an appointment time an providing all the insurance information. Received a call with a different time made adjustments and showed up with all the paperwork needed and was told they do not accept my insurance. This was the first question asked when making the appointment. So a month of waiting, a day missing of work and 60 miles of travel for absolutely nothing. Worthless Staff!!!

May 1st, 2012
poor customer service
This office has poor customer service. Their voice mail asks that you call between 8 AM and 5PM. It is now 8:51 AM and they still have their answering machine on asking you to call between 8 and 5. Front office staff is not what I would consider professional. Dr. Vavrik writes notes in his patient records and does not discuss them with the patient.

July 14th, 2011
Dr. Vavrik is kind, knows his stuff, and considers options to help you have a better standard of life and get the medical care you deserve.

May 31st, 2011
Need more options
Bean pole to help people with obesity. Ugly/Nasty bedside manner.