Dr. Michael Vender MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

April 28th, 2016
he wasnt any help i went doctor vendor an is a tool for insurance company i went for a recommendation for my injury for a second opinion an i show his best interest isnt for his patient but his pockets very unhappy believe this doctor should be report to the medical board for breaking his commitment of being a doctor an is basically frauding to obtain money faster and to save money for insurance company or works comp so the patient dont receive the right treatment just because they want to save money id say hes a corrupt an need to be check out or treat his patients better

September 11th, 2015
Wrist surgery
Dr. Vender treated my mother and the care was excellent. He didn't mince words and may have seemed abrupt, but I consider him succinct. He was kind to my mother and she had an excellent outcome. I can't ask for more.

August 13th, 2014
Best Doctor
DR Vender is probably the best surgeon I have ever had the pleasure to meet. He takes his time with you, does not make you rush, and explains things in a way that anyone can understand. He is the best!

March 15th, 2013
Dr. Vender is absolutely one of the best doctors I have ever seen. When I went to him, a very well rated dr had set my wrist wrong and casted me incorrectly. He took the time to figure out what my problem was and corrected everything that he could. I went in with 0% use of my hand and left with so much more. His staff, Maria, Ellen, Nicole, Alicia at the front desk are wonderful. Linda in Surgerical is fantastic and his nursing staff, all of them are wonderfully nice and caring people. Don't understand the negative reviews, but trust me when I say, I know what a bad doctor is and he is not one of them. You are in good "hands" with all of the doctors in that office.

February 18th, 2013
As Pleasant As a Doctor's Appt. Can Be
I saw Dr. Vender 3 times. I had only a short wait in the waiting room and in the exam room. The nurses and staff were all friendly, efficient, and professional. Dr. Vender listened carefully and patiently to my concerns and questions. When he responded he spoke in plain English, rather than doctor-speak. He took his time and made certain that he had answered my questions and given me honest answers about possible treatments.

April 5th, 2012
Get treated by anyone else with a better rating
This is not a good doctor. They don't care about the patient and only the money. Had another doctor who did the same test, and that doctor had a positive result and when I checked that doctors rating, it was good. This Dr. Vender's specialist found a negative result after manipulating the test. I wouldn't trust my health with him or any company that refers him

January 16th, 2012
Stay away - Find another doctor!
I was sent to Dr. Vender by Northwest Community ER after lacerating a finger & shattering the bone at the end of that finger. Dr. Vender's option? Using only a motion & no words, his only option is to remove the end of my finger. And he calls himself a hand surgeon? I ended up with Dr. Papierski, surgery to put a bone graft in my finger, and now have about 90% use of it. I have to STRONGLY agree with the negative comments here. I have many doctors for several medical conditions, but in my life I have never had someone as poor as Dr. Vender.

December 30th, 2011
Great experience
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Vender. He did a great job explaining my problem and options for treatment.

July 28th, 2011
Getting the appointment was easy and fast but the waiting was long with no communication. When we got in the office, they told us that Dr Vendor will see him. Checked the rating was not good compare to other doctors but we had to wait because my son has a very bad burn in his band. We had to ask about the waiting time many times, even though I told them that I have limited time from work. The doctor didn't really care about waiting nor the condition of my son's hand.After I spoke with him about the waiting, he asked me to leave. He is very unprofessional.We went to another doctor rated well with vitasI don't recommend him at all as there are many other doctors that has a good rating with vitals and much better than him, respectful, more accurate in diagnoses.

February 2nd, 2011
I guess he had a bad day
I was not pleased to get 5 minutes of time after waiting almost an hour. I got the feeling he spent more time on choosing his tie than diagnosing my problem

November 23rd, 2010
I don't understand the low ratings
I'm glad I kept my appointment with this doctor even after seeing the reviews here. I came to Dr. Vender for a second opinion (actually the third hand/wrist doctor I saw for this problem) and he was just as thorough as the previous high rated doctor I saw (Dr. Paul Lamberti), but in different ways and he came to the same conclusions. He was willing to listen to everything i had to say and expressed genuine concern. BUT he also wondered why out of three doctors, I was given an oral steroid known to not work well, given the option of surgery, but not given a steroid shot that can ease the pain and help rule out surgery in my case if it gets better. So, he figured out something the others did not and he was in NO WAY pushy. He told me he was fine if I were to let him or Dr. Lamberti handle it from here. I had about a 30 minute wait time, and that's not uncommon, my parents went to Rush Ortho for appojntments after surgeries and their average wait time was 2 hours! I went to the location in Chicago on Adams, which is a good place to go, because if you need some rehab too, they do it there and he can oversee it.

July 5th, 2009
Do yourself a favor and see someone else
After waiting an 1 1/2 hours after being in the emergency room the night before. I got about 3 minutes of his time. I had x-rays the night before but was told new x-rays of the same part were needed. I walked out with a bill for over $500 and then was sent to his therapy. I can not believe this is a "top doc". Maybe someone was stuffing the ballot box