Dr. Michael Verdolin Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Verdolin?

August 29th, 2017

Complete misdiagnois

May 25th, 2017

Dr Verdolin and his staff are true professionals

My wife was referred to Dr Verdolin for epidural injections due to spinal stenosis and lumbar radiculitis. She has had unbearable pain for several months. She was able to get an appointment with Dr Verdolin within a week. His staff was very friendly, fast and efficient in completing the insurance paperwork and getting the personal medical history of my wife. His Physician's Assistant was most helpful in reviewing my wife's history and in explaining what her problem was and what caused the pain. She set up the appointment to get the injection from Dr Verdolin in a week in his Chula Vista office since we live in the South Bay. We arrived for her appointment about a half hour early, quickly completed the paperwork on how she was currently feeling, and was able to see Dr Verdolin within a few minutes, at least 15 minutes ahead of the scheduled appointment time. Dr Verdolin was friendly and very thorough in explaining what he was going to do, what problems to watch for and what to do if a problem arose. After the injection, he gave a handout that summarized what he told us, what numbers to call if there was a problem, both during office hours and outside of office hours. The injection quickly relieved her pain and she got a full night's rest for the first time in quite a while. We highly recommend Dr Verdolin for pain management needs.

April 7th, 2017

Awful Doctor and staff!

July 27th, 2016

Patient's father

My daughter has been suffering from severe neck pain for a long time. The wait times to get appointments for treatment were very long - 3+ weeks. Her last treatment was to deaden the nerves causing the pain. She had the treatment on Friday before the Memorial Day weekend. On Saturday she was experiencing the worse neck pain she had even experienced. She called the doctor on Saturday and Sunday but never able to speak will him and was told to go to emergency. Fortunately she was able to speak to her neurologist, who had referred her to Dr. Verdolin initially, and was prescribed a strong pain medication which helped some. On Tuesday after the holiday, she called Dr. Verdolin's office but was never able to speak directly with him even though she still had very severe neck pain. Only his office manager would handle the call. My daughter was told that she would need to see him again -- a 2-3 week wait -- and that the pain would probably be reduced over the next 2-3 weeks. It took on longer to get back to the level it was before she had seen the doctor. Additionally she was told that Dr. Verdolin wouldn't be able to prescribe any pain medication to help her as he doesn't prescribe medication. The wait times for appointments, even in what we consider urgent, have been quite long. We will never use him again and strongly feel that he doesn't have the patients best interest at heart.

April 8th, 2016

Awful!

Cannot believe this guy is still practicing! Lawsuit waiting to happen!!!

June 2nd, 2015

Worst Doctor and Staff I've ever experienced

I was referred to this doctor with a fractured spine in quite a lot of pain. From start to finish dealing with his office was frustrating, time consuming and downright annoying. When I tried to make the initial appointment I was told Dr Verdolen decides who he's going to see, and when. I was nonplussed by this approach to scheduling. when I eventually did get to see him I endured a long frustrating wait in a long line of people to register, then another long frustrating wait in the waiting room. When I finally saw Dr Verdolin he told his assistant to schedule an emergency MRI and a kyphoplasty procedure. shortly after she walked into the room and told me to expect a call in 10 days time for scheduling of the MRI. I looked at her and said, " is 10 days considered an emergency?" she said, "that's how long it takes to get the refersl. I reiterated that the doctor had requested that it be done urgently. She replied, "oh well you can call the mri place tomorrow and see if it's been approved. " I had my doubts that it would be done correctly so I followed up the next day and discovered that the request had not even been put in by the doctors office. I followed up for the next 4 days. That's how long it took them to even file the request with my insurance company. Since every time you call you are put on hold, sometimes for as long as an hour, and many times you receive voicemail which is never ever responded to, following up is a nightmare. I had three "urgent" insurance requests like this and every one was mishandled. The office is horribly inefficient and the staff are down right rude. The worst part of all of this is that I went into surgery and came out worse than I was before. Not only did the doctor not do the procedure properly but once it was discovered that I was in greater pain than before, they stopped returning my phone calls and refused to make any follow up appointments.

November 7th, 2013

Excellent medical service and nurse/medical staff. Attentive and professional. I have had three steroid injections and all were painless. I did not use relaxation or any other medications prior to injection. You will feel a little pressure but no pain.

March 6th, 2013

This Doctor is a Bully

For a Doctor that has been hooked to the Military doctor community he is a Bully. The first time I seen him he threw in my face that I was too young at age 40 to be in pain & that my pain didn't warrant pain medication. He was very pushy & rude. Quick to throw me under the bus & dismiss my pain. I heard one of his staff say to me, they were afraid they would get in trouble for helping me. This doctor is only interested in nerve block stimmulation & shots, plus he pushes Antidepressants like Zoloft & Cymbalta, Anti-Seizure meds like Lyrica. Plus when you first show up to the office your forced to sign paperwork to see his phsychiarist & a sleep specialist that deals with sleep Apnea whether you have it, or not. My advice look elsewhere. When a doctor in this day in age thinks everyone is a one size fits all & thinks that only older people experience pain, OMG. I have been in several accidents where I have hit the windshield of the car & several concussions along with Degenerative Disc Disease. This doctor was only Diligent making sure I didn't get to many pain meds, but cared nothing about if I ran out, or suffered horrible pain. Very uncaring & staff is stupid. I had to experience pain meds scripts wrote wrong, medication not properly called into Tricare Express Scripts & total ingonrance that I was suffering drug induced depression from Lyrica that Dr Verdolin pushed on my very first appt. His office once scheduled my appointment to far out. Plus the Dr & PA were out of office over a extended holiday to top that off. I was going to run out of pain meds & had to get temporary pain meds from my primary doctor to hold me over. Dr Verdolin was quick to terminate me without any explanation & had a certified letter sent to my house to throw it in my face, but that wasn't good enough for him. He wanted to make sure my Primary doctor didn't prescribe me pain meds either. I was treated like a dispensable human being & a drug addict. When that was the farthest from the truth. Unbelieavable the attitude of this guy. Thank God my Primary doctor knows me well enough that I wouldn't ask for meds if I didn't need them.

March 30th, 2012

Dr. Verdolin is a good doctor, but his office staff is rude

Dr. Verdolin is a professional and caring doctor, and I did get referrals to other doctors (Dr. Verdolin cannot himself help my pain). His front desk office support (one person in particular), however, is rude, arrogant and frustrating to deal with. I was hung up on twice and forced to do the legwork which in my opinion is his office staff's job to do (getting fax numbers for sending MRI reports to referral doctors, etc.). I will never go back to Dr. Verdolin's office again, and have been referred through my insurance company to another pain clinic. I hope his office staff treats you better than they did me!

March 3rd, 2012

Amazing doctor and staff

Very efficient office, it did take some time to get an appointment, but it is worth it as Dr. Verdolin spends a lot of time with his patients. He took time to explain my condition and came up with a plan to help address it. I am finally getting control of my pain so that I control it not the other way around.

October 19th, 2011

Took Forever Waiting, Impatient, Uncaring

Seems to want to treat symptoms and not help diagnose the cause and refer you out.

August 2nd, 2011

Wow how refreshing

Dr. Verdolin is a compassionate doctor and is making the right move going back to solo practice. He even brought back his amazing nurse Teri. I am so glad he has really helped me!