Dr. Michael Vu MD, PHARMD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

March 1st, 2017
Do your homework before choosing this one.
In hindsight, I wish I'd taken my husband to Phoenix for his colon cancer. I sometimes felt/knew Vu was in the dark about many things, as if I almost knew more than he did. But I suppose there's big money in chemo. Yes, he was kind, but I'd rather he'd been more knowledgeable. It took a Gastroenterologist to finally tell me that the build up of fluid in my husband's stomach was Ascites ... the last stage of cancer. No stars for this guy.

June 23rd, 2015
GREAT
EXPLAINS THINGS SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND, VERY KIND AND ATTENTIVE

January 9th, 2015
If I could give this Doc a”0” star, I would. My Father in law had presented in the ER with 2 spontaneously broken ribs. (A typical presentation of metastatic cancer.) The MRI showed “possible” cancer and Father in Law was referred to Doc Vu. Dr Vu requested many tests (PET, biopsy, x-ray, ultra sound etc. ) I doubt he ever looked at the PET, because if he did he would see a body riddled with cancer, including the brain. The radiology report mentioned calcium hardened ascending aorta. (Basically, a ticking time bomb.) After the biopsy Dr. Vu yelled at my in-laws at the next scheduled office visit. “The Dr's at the hospital "lied" to you!” and then cut their office visit short as he stormed out of the patient’s room. (We never figured out what he meant about the proposed lying.) What we do know is he didn't tell my in laws much of anything except for them needing more tests. (Test he would request and wait until he was off vacation and in an office visit to read.) When those tests would come back, he would request MORE tests. He never told my in-laws why my Father-in-laws lungs were filling up with fluid, why he continued to have ribs spontaneously break, why he was beginning to slur his words, why it was becoming more and more difficult for him to breath. He never told them to contact in-home care or hospice or to get some in-home assistive devices to prevent falls/more broken bones and to make father in law more comfortable. He never called. He never informed. He left them with little information and alone.

May 13th, 2014
Dr Vu is professional and has a good bedside manner. He was very up front with my treatment for breast cancer and gave me alternatives with survival statistics for each treatment. The staff has changed a bit but during my treatment they were very caring and made my experience as comfortable as possible. I would recommend Dr Vu above any other oncologist in my town.

April 9th, 2014
Dr Vu and his staff has been wonderful to me. They helped me in all manors of my breast caner. I have and will recommend him to any one that needs his help.

November 6th, 2013
non caring
Even the the staff has been very nice and the wait time short. Dr. Vue seems very uncaring and can't wait to get on to the next one in line. The VA doctors in Phoenix were ever so much better. - What does that tell you?

December 14th, 2010
Rude and Impersonal
I was recently diagnosed with severe Anemia and Acute Myeloid Leukemia - however, not from Dr. Vu. He took so long in advising me of the results of my biopsy that before I learned from him, I was taken to the ER in Phoenix (Banner Thunderbird) and was taken care of immediately- It took the doctors at Banner Thunderbird 4 DAYS for Dr. Vu to provide them with the results of the bone marrow biopsy. When I became ill in the examining room Dr. Vu simply left the room and did not further inquire to my well being. His nurse was equally non-caring, putting me in a wheelchair and sending me home with no instructions or any show of concern. I was unable to drive and yet she never even consulted with my sister (who had come with me) if she would or could care for me. My sister works in the medical field and was APPALLED at the behaviour shown.This leukemia can be fatal if not treated quickly and had I waited for Dr. Vu and my Primary Care Doctor I would most certainly be dead. The ER doctors began to immediately treat my anemia which was causing me such difficulty breathing, eating, sleeping, and moving. Although none commented it was evident they were surprised when they asked their question "What is your Dr. doing for your Anemia?" and I answered - "Nothing, I didn't know I had anemia. My doctor is waiting for the results of my tests" I would suggest anyone considering Dr. Vu give serious thought to checking him out.

September 20th, 2010
Dr. Vu has treated me for a year and half for breast cancer. He is informative and professional. He answers questions, listens to my concerns and adjust my treatment to according to my requests. He is extremely attentive to follow-up and bugs me if I become lax. His staff is caring and supportive.

June 5th, 2016