Dr. Michael Bowman MD Patient Reviews

• 35 reviews

October 22nd, 2016
Dr. Bowman diagnosed my problem and performed surgery on my foot. Three therapists remarked that he did an excellent job with the incision. He and his office staff were both pleasant and professional. I could not have had a better experience!

September 14th, 2016
Horrible Bedside Manner!!!
I needed to find a new Orthopedic surgeon since mine had left the area. I had received mixed reviews from friends/colleagues but thought I would give Dr. Bowman a shot. First, let me explain that I live in chronic pain due to an injury to my ankle that occurred some 20 odd years ago. My last doctor had offered the option of amputation because he understood the severity of my condition. Dr. Bowman thought if only I would take anti-inflammatory's, I would be in good shape. He never listened to me or my issues. He completely shut me out when I spoke, as if he knew my life better than I did. Now I will say that he did take the time to feel around my joints to pinpoint my pain. My last doc had said there really was nothing more to do but Dr. Bowman thinks I might be a candidate for surgery. I don't know if I will return because I truly feel like he doesn't listen. My friends had told me the same thing. I wish I had listened... Also as an aside, I did not see one of his office staff smile. Not once! Definitely felt a palpable negative energy in the office.

September 10th, 2016
ankile surgery
professional, skilled , personable, knowledgeable

July 14th, 2016
The practice treated me courteously and most importantly solved my medical issue. My only complaint is that they required me to fill out an online form that they then required me to fill out AGAIN on paper in the office. I find that type of intrusion on my time frustrating.

April 15th, 2016
Great care
After sustaining injuries out of the city, I came home and was treated by Dr. Bowman and his wonderful staff. They were all very kind, professional, and compassionate to my needs.

February 29th, 2016
Great care
My son had a severe ankle injury. Dr. Bowman provided excellent care and my son has had a great outcome. Very personable and friendly office staff. We would definitely go to Dr. Bowman for any future problems requiring his expertise.

November 20th, 2015
Manager, Bayer Healthcare
Excellent all the way from early appointments, through surgery and then through follow-up visits. Excellent surgeon, excellent staff, excellent care.

November 4th, 2015
Professional
Broke a bone in my foot while across the country. Contacted Dr. Bowman b/c he had performed a prior wrist surgery. He and the great women in the office answered all of my travel questions. Had surgery upon returning home. The surgery center is great, all staff wonderful and accommodating, and Dr. Bowman takes time to explain the procedure thoroughly and answer all questions during the office visit and prior to surgery.

September 25th, 2015
ankle replacement
Dr. Bowman did a complete ankle replacement of my left ankle 12 weeks ago, he took the time to answer all my questions. He tried all he could before going to surgery . I would have him do any surgery I would need again. His staff was so helpful.

September 14th, 2015
'recommended by my PCP. I was having pain and swelling and my PCP had doubt that it was gout. FIrst visit Dr. Bowman stated it could be a small bone below the ankle and gave a cordisone shot and results should be good in 1 1/2 day. Pain never stopped and got much worse and I had to go to ER at Passavant. Was told the anke should have been aspirated. ER doc was not successful (not an foot specialist) and recommended Dr. Bowman do this. Made immediate appt. but Dr Bowman rudely ignored this and said the first shot hit a fatty pocket and gave another cortisone shot. (this was within one week time) Shot again did not work. Left Message on his answering machine as I could not stand up for the horrible pain. He did return the call and was extremely rude suggesting it could be infected (from what). Ended up in the ER again and was referred to a good ankle specialist. Dr. Bowman' s rudeness and arrogance was very upsetting. He dictated to his machine than to talk with me. Other reviews make me think he only cares about actual surgery patients. He will never have the chance to be rude/arrogant again.

August 26th, 2015
Retired RN
Being a retired RN ,I have known many MD's. Dr. Bowman is one of the best. He spent time with me and answered questions . He never made me feel like he was in a hurry, even when the waiting room was full. His staff were very courteous and helpful,especially his nurse Kathy. My thanks and praise to all for making a difficult time easier.

July 2nd, 2015
Professional
Dr Bowman has treated 3 of my family members with care, courtesy, and most important results. I have seen first hand Dr Bowman repair an ankle with two breaks and ligament damage to the point where you would never know it occurred.