Ophthalmologist (eyes)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.5

|  What happened to you, doc?  |  show details
by Red on May 1st, 2014

I started seeing him several years ago when he was on N. Oregon. His staff was awesome & knowledgeable, and he was very jovial. My appointments were properly scheduled and the staff got it correct the first time. My initial cataract surgery was a huge success, but my second was a total flop. When I was at the hospital for the surgery and already in the O. R., I saw his real personality come out and it was ugly. His only comment to me in a follow up visit about my eye was, well you might go blind. Gee thanks. Now that he has an optometrist, he sent me to her and now I really can't see, not even to read. I've complained about it and he doesn't care. His staff is now horrible. The receptionist can't even get appointments right, and he no longer laughs or smiles. I tried to tell him my vision had changed, and he cut me off and and said it was just fine. Something is not right with him. He's already had one doctor leave, and all of his good staff as well. His waiting room is almost always empty now, and it still takes forever. See another doctor,

|  PLAN TO CAMP OUT  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2013

Extensive wait time. They will not tell you in advance how long the appointment will be. You wait and wait and wait, then see a tech for a few minutes, and wait a lot more, see someone, and wait. It appears that people in this office have no concept of 'APPOINTMENT". My biggest complaint is they completely screwed up my medical records, which I had given them in writing. The actual time spent with 'doctor' is minimal at best and I have little if any confidence in his opinion or capabilities. So I am cancelling my surgery date.

|  Dr Foote too busy to care  |  show details
by Dr. Ed on Aug 23rd, 2013

Like going to a veterinarian, they don't ask, they don't listen, they just do what they are going to do to you. Requests checked on forms are ignored. No one will explain what all the bright lights are for, just mutter, "Taking measurements." Two hours late, wanted to schedule an extra visit because some personnel were not there at appointed time. Zero personality, I finally found another Doctor.

|  show details
by wish Hatchett did surgery on Aug 15th, 2013

If you have ever considered writing your memoir, an appointment here would be a great time to start. Great doctor, horrible wait times. Now starting wait hour 2! Wish the office would learn not to schedule people in 10-15 minute time slots. Has anyone ever had an eyeexam that lasted less than 30 minutes? Again, great Dr, office terrible!

|  patient  |  show details
by elpjen on Feb 18th, 2013

Excellent Dr.: Horrible wait time. Bring your lunch, a long book, and your toothbrush: you'll be spending a ton of time (like 2 - 4 hours) for each and every appointment with this Dr. Great doctor, really, really terrible wait time, and getting worse, not better. Just opened a new office with 2 new doctors, all their patients and no extra techs. If you want to wait less than an hour, get the first appointment of the day, but even that doesn't guarantee you'll get in within an hour. Also: don't trust the receptionist to give you an honest answer about the wait. The standard is "there's one patient ahead of you" which really means you have an hour and fifteen minutes (after waiting an hour) to get seen.