Some ratings provided by DrScore.
May 13th, 2016

I feel amazing now!! I've always had to 'dress for my shape" to really feel comfortable going out and standing next to girls who had bodies I admired. I went in Dr. Grey's wanting so much done; lipo my abs & waist then transfer it to my butt and then a lift. After meeting with Lynn & Viola, they both assured me that I didn't need all that work done. They loved my shape and said I should just smooth out my stomach area. I expressed my insecurities and what I didn't like about my body to Dr. Grey and he agreed.., I should just smooth out my stomach. Everyone was looking out for my best interest aesthetically and financially. No one pressured me into doing any unnecessary procedures to get me to spend more money or have me look completely unnatural (which I've experienced at other offices). I look and feel the best I ever have and I'm more then happy that I went to Dr. Grey. Oh, and I did my lipo while I was awake and Heather and Pam took such good care of me trying to keep me comfortable!! I had a great lipo experience and it's only because of his team.

You won't find better show details You won't find better
by Theresa P on May 6th, 2016

He's like an artist with his hands. Went to him for a breast reduction and I'm back to jogging again. No back pain. i hadn't jogged since high school. I'm so thanksful to dr. gray!

Apr 25th, 2016

Don't waste your time here. "Consultations" are done in a group format. I waited over an hour before finding this information out. Had this been shared at the time of scheduling, I wouldn't have waisted my time here. So disappointed.

Happpppppyyyyyyy show details Happpppppyyyyyyy
Apr 15th, 2016

i am so happpppppyyyyy

Recovery was fine and results magical show details Recovery was fine and results magical
by Marianne T. on Mar 30th, 2016

I didn’t want to wait a long time in an office or have an unreasonable amount of time away from my job. My consultation was quick and Dr. Gray was very respectful. He has done this hundreds of times. My procedure was scheduled within a month. Afterward, I was not asked to stay there to recover for too long when I live close by and could be comfortable at home. I was back at work in a couple of days. Dr. Gray was highly recommended to me and I am very happy with my results.

Appreciative show details Appreciative
by Jaqui N. on Feb 18th, 2016

I recently had consultation and then surgery done by Dr. Gray at his Michigan office. Everything from the initial consultation to the follow ups following the surgery were absolutely perfect! The patient care I received was second to none and the entire team at his office were very nice and helpful. It's obvious they truly care about you.

Feb 4th, 2016

Extremely unprofessional. Dr Gray is not even a bored certified Dr and he's all about $$$$. He's trying to charge me a full amount for a surgery he didn't proceed. What kinda of a doctor does that? he doesn't know anything! If you wanna spend money on your body, go to a bored certified doctor. PLZ!! read about him before you even go and see him!!

Tennis again show details Tennis again
by Fern G. on Feb 4th, 2016

I met with Dr. Gray to see what was involved in a breast reduction surgery. He told me it would be a quick and easy procedure. I did not believe him, but he was correct. I am now back playing tennis. A sport I didn't play for 15 years because my back was in to much pain because of a heavy chest. I'm grateful to the doctor and will recommend him to others.

2nd time around show details 2nd time around
by Melinda B. on Feb 2nd, 2016

I first went to Dr. Gray when he 1st moved to detroit. That was back in the 90s. I was happy then so I came back late last year (2015) for a tummy tuck and also some work under my eyes. I also should say I'm a long time fan of Skin Deep Spa and their skin products there. I'm very happy with this recent procedure and none of my friends know I even had anything done to my eyes they look so great.

Tennis Anyone show details Tennis Anyone
by Brenda K. on Jan 12th, 2016

I played tennis in high school and college but when I played in college I had horrible back problems because my chest was too large. At 44, I thought I would never get on a tennis court again. Dr. Michael Gray did a breast reduction and I'm now playing tennis four days a week with no back pain at all!

Jan 4th, 2016

Staff is just stuck up

I really liked Dr Gray show details I really liked Dr Gray
by Jill B. on Nov 24th, 2015

Dr Gray was very helpful to me. I had a large chest that was hurting my back. He did a reduction and I feel the best i ever have in my life. Grateful.

Nov 6th, 2015

Professional, comfortable, courteous. An environment you can trust. Have visited for more than one procedure. Highest recommendations to friends.

mommy makeover works show details mommy makeover works
by Stella Bordofsky on Oct 29th, 2015

Seriously the best of the best. My husband loves my new figure! Mommy Makeover is what I had done

Sep 29th, 2015

I am very disappointed with the service at Dr.Gray's office. He was very arrogant. He was not willing to spend any time with me or listening to my concerns. I have never seen any doctor behaving so unprofessionally like he did. I will never visit that office again.

Sep 17th, 2015

Most important, my surgery went great and I am very happy with the results. What I have been less than pleased with is the very long wait times both in the waiting room and after I am placed in the exam room, I have never seen a nurse or Dr Gray before waiting at least 45 mins. The wait is usually over an hour though. Once you do see them, they typically spend about 5 minutes or less with you, post op. Prior to scheduling my surgery, I knew what I wanted but there was no real consultation on if it was the best option or what other procedures would benefit me as well. I was essentially telling them what to do. The staff has been less than spectacular as well, a few of them are wonderful but several are very pushy and unsocial. One told me she didn't want to there during a very negative, awkward conversation we had while she examined me. When going in to get sutures removed I heard the staff having a conversation, "do you know how to remove them? No, do you? I think so, I can try it." Not at all reassuring. Luckily a surgical nurse was available, 30 minutes later, to complete the procedure. Again very happy with the surgery but horrible overall experience.

Worth the wait show details Worth the wait
by Amy J. on Sep 9th, 2015

Yes I had to wait for about 20 minutes in his waiting room, but it was worth it. He came back after 10 minutes to let me know it wouldn't be much longer. He did a tummy tuck and I've since been back for Botox injections. I love Dr. Gray. He's really made me look and feel 10 years younger. Grateful for him.

Don't consider Gray show details Don't consider Gray
by Feeling miserable on Aug 23rd, 2015

I paid 10,000 for tummy tuck, lipo to the back, buttock, and fat transfer to the face. I am so unhappy with the results, I just cried and when I think about how long it took me to save it and how I thought I was going to look gorgeous and confident afterward, I could just cry. What I did like about my surgery is I got a smaller waist. My regular weight before the surgery is only 145 pounds. I just wanted to tweak some things, but I'm still crying. Dr. Gray does not make you feel comfortable at all. He talk you just listen. If it was free I wouldn't go back there. His staff is so nice, that's why people trust his work. Don't get suckered in.

Scar Removal show details Scar Removal
by Patti Ochs on Jul 31st, 2015

I needed a scar removed from a c-section and you can't see it anymore. Dr. Gray is the best

Jul 31st, 2015

Dr Gray did a tummy tuck for me and I'm thrilled. I look great and my husband can't believe the difference. I highly recommend. I traveled to see him from 200 miles away.

I like him show details I like him
by Heather Higgens on Jun 5th, 2015

Very good doc

Best in town show details Best in town
by Bethany G. on May 28th, 2015

Had a horrible scar on my right breast and like magic Dr. Gray had it invisible. I used his TheraSCAR product and the entire scar really did disappear. Other doctors and surgeons said it would always be visible, even after surgery. I really think he's the best cosmetic surgeon in town.

impressed show details impressed
by Bobbi Frank on May 18th, 2015

I heard a lot of great things about Dr. Gray before making an appointment. Once I saved up the money I knew that he was the doctor for me. I did check out other doctors first but he seem to be the most competent. After my surgery, I continue to be very impressed with his work. I would definitely go back and definitely recommend him to other friends.

Dr. Gray is excellent! show details Dr. Gray is excellent!
by Erika on May 8th, 2015

It's been a year since my breast augmentation and mini-tummy tuck. I'm thrilled with results!

mommy makeover show details mommy makeover
by Pearl Johnson on Mar 29th, 2015

Wow, Dr Gray is wonderful. 59 years old and needed a tummy tuck. Got the mommy makeover and have never been happier.

Mar 25th, 2015

Horrible!! All he cares about is $! I wood not send anyone there! I had breast aug through my belly button w him & ending up w a painful & ugly hernia that was confirmed caused by him through my Dr. Now in more pain and more $$ I had to have it repaired. Unprofessional jerk!

Male chest Reduction show details Male chest Reduction
by Richard DiFrancisco on Mar 25th, 2015

I'm a 75 y.o. man and the past ten years I hated putting on a dress shirt. I only wore TShirts cuz it looked better. I didn't even know there was a fix for my manboobs problem but saw a blog on Dr Gray's website. The procedure was fine. It was 5 weeks ago. The recovery wasn't too bad and I'm back working my pt time job. I'm very happy with his work and feel pretty young again. I'll wear dress shirts soon.

by Charlotte on Mar 25th, 2015

I had a great consult. He is well educated and honest. He is very talented

Happy Hourglass tuck patient show details Happy Hourglass tuck patient
by Jennifer Gross on Mar 24th, 2015

I am a week post op, but already an tell I am going to be more than happy with my results. The staff was great, Dr. Gray spent a lot of time with me even having a casual conversation, after discussing my procedure. I'm excited I decided to use his services. I will post again in 6 weeks

Don't trust anyone else show details Don't trust anyone else
by Candice Moore on Mar 24th, 2015

I needed a breast augmentation after another doc totally botched my breast lift. I called his office crying and he said to come right over for a consultation. That consultation was free and then he set up a appointment the next day. I'm happy again. So thankful for Dr Gray and his amazing work.

He's very good show details He's very good
by Yolanda Blackwell on Mar 17th, 2015

He can be cocky but only because he's the best plastic surgeon.

Best Neck Lift show details Best Neck Lift
by Aimee Marks on Jan 12th, 2015

I had gone to Dr. Gray for Botox injections for years but didn't have enough money for a Neck Lift which i needed. When he offered a discount at the end of the year i jumped at the opportunity and am so glad I did. My neck looks great... no more hanging skin. He's a very smart and talented doctor. I highly recommend.

Dec 29th, 2014

I went to Dr. Gray for my 60th birthday facelift. He spoke quickly but confidently during our first meeting and assured me that it was a simple procedure. I had a little bruising but nothing that stopped me from running errands within a week. I look younger! I’m not hiring a surgeon for bed-side manner. I want great results and I got them. I often judge a doctor’s office by their staff – first impressions and last impressions. These folks are knowledgeable. I have had some work by other types of surgeons, and understand they are fast talking, busy people. So I rely on their support staff to answer questions about process and payment. Dr. Gray’s office staff was helpful and professional . Dr. Gray also called me to make sure my surgical outcome was fine too.

Highly recommend Dr. Gray show details Highly recommend Dr. Gray
by Claudia on Dec 28th, 2014

fan for life show details fan for life
by BLS on Dec 16th, 2014

Dr. Gray is a marvel. I've been a patient for over ten years, and he has never let me down. Not only is he a skilled surgeon with massive experience (I had to laugh when I read a review that said he quotes a good price because he needs "more practice"). He also has an artistic touch that reflects an understanding of what makes a woman's body beautiful. Example, I got a breast lift a few years back after nursing two children, and not only did he re-sculpt my breasts, he made my nipples perky! They still are. I just had a tummy tuck done by him, and although I'm still healing, I can already see the results are fantastic. Tight and firm. He even gave me a new belly button. Whenever I have surgery with Dr. Gray my mind is at ease, because I know he will do a great job. I love his staff, who has been with him since before I first came. They are a first rate team! Dr. Gray's surgery center is modern and immaculate, and they know you when you come in - you're not just a name on a wristband. Yet the cost is actually less than surgeons without their own operating rooms, because they have to charge you thousands of dollars extra for the "privilege" of going to a hospital. (The last place I want to be!) I always recommend Dr. Gray to all my friends and colleagues, who want to know where I got such amazing results. Dr. Gray doesn't spend hours talking with you, but he relays the essential facts, and I can chat with friends...I go to him for results!

QUANTITY OVER QUALITY show details QUANTITY OVER QUALITY
Nov 25th, 2014

I had a surgery back in nov 2013 and choosing him as a doctor is the biggest mistake of my life because I've been dealing with revisions all year long from different doctors trying to fix what he did to me!! I strongly recommend doing a research before you choose him as your doctor he is young and he did not care about the results. I feel like he only needs practice now so he is trying to get more patients. He gave me a very cheap price probably because it was his 2nd time doing the surgery he did on me and unfortunately I fell for it. He is the first doctor that didn't even want to see me after my surgery he only asked me how was I feeling?! Dr Michael Gray does a lot of marketing on mojo in the morning and all these different radio stations now I see why he does so much advertising he needs more people to practice on. Maybe he is a good plastic surgeon for breast augmentation but that doesn't mean that he is good at everything. Ladies make a research before u choose him!!

Lipo show details Lipo
by Jill on Nov 18th, 2014

This procedure changed me for the better. I admit I was scared, but I’m so happy how I look now. Dr. Gray doesn’t mess around. He showed me what to expect as far as outcome. He told me about potential bruising. He explained that recovery time is minimal and I’d be back at work in a couple of days. Everything went as planned and my results are superb.

couldn't be happier show details couldn't be happier
by Sammy on Oct 18th, 2014

My hooded eyes have always made me look older than I feel. Dr. Gray showed me how I’d look after such a quick procedure. He said bruising was expected but wouldn’t last a long time. He said the results would be years off my face. He was right. I couldn’t be happier.

scar therapy show details scar therapy
by jason on Oct 14th, 2014

Had a melanoma removed and the plastic surgeon left a big scar. Dr. Gray took care of it and it disappeared in a week. He's amazing and highly recommended.

Dr. Gray Cares about patients show details Dr. Gray Cares about patients
by Jill St. John on Oct 1st, 2014

I was a little worried about this procedure because I’ve been lifting weights for years and still not seeing the definition I wanted. Dr. Gray explained the process and recovery (which was almost nothing) and explained how my pecs would look better after the surgery. He was right. I shouldn’t have waited so long to have this done.

Breast augmentation that actually looks good show details Breast augmentation that actually looks good
Aug 11th, 2014

I didn’t find Dr. Gray caring or likeable in our first meeting. But reviews were so positive and I was hiring a plastic surgeon, not a therapist, and he was very confident. I’m getting married in the fall so I wanted to have the procedure now. The results are even better than I expected! Dr Gray said that by the fall I will see my breasts start to settle and what that will look like over a period of time. He IS the expert in this field. I am so glad I went to him.

not impressed show details not impressed
by charo on Apr 22nd, 2014

My first impression, after a very very long wait, was that he was a kook. Random thoughts having nothing to do with the reason there. The staff was great until I committed to and paid for the surgery then they were suddenly dismissive and rude. Very long waiting times every time I saw him for follow ups. Incision sizes are ridiculously large and look dreadful even months later.

Thank you Dr. Gray! show details Thank you Dr. Gray!
by Windsor on Apr 14th, 2014

When I first when to my consult, I felt like the one on one time was a bit short and it made me nervous as I wasn't 100% sure on the size because they gave me one to try on that he suggested and soon as I said "I like this one" they said okay and walked out. But I had a lot of friends and my mom go to Michael Gray and they look great (not fake, minimum scarring). So I put my nerves aside and put my trust into Dr. Gray. And let me just say he changed my life!!!! I was so worried about the size being too big as I am very petite, but it's perfect!!! I let him choose the size, because he is the "expert", and let me tell you I am SO HAPPY!! They are absolutely perfect. They sit perfectly, don't look fake at all (even only a week after surgery), the pain was minimal, and surgery was great. The nurses couldn't have been anymore comforting. I was only in recovery for about 30 minutes before I was sent home, but I was happy about that. who wants to be stuck in a hospital bed for longer than they have to? Not me! They gave me pain meds for on the way home, and plenty to get me through my recovery. I would recommend Michael Gray to anyone. If you want to see pictures for proof let me know!

Amazing Results with Dr. Michael Gray show details Amazing Results with Dr. Michael Gray
by Pauline on Jan 16th, 2014

He's a miracle worker. I had the Hour Glass Tummy Tuck performed and the results were BETTER than I ever expected. No wait time in the waiting room. A year later I came back for the Mommy Makeover. My husband couldn't believe his eyes. Wonderful.

by Dave on Oct 11th, 2013

I chose NOT to get the surgery from Dr. Gray. I agree with the reviews here about his character. I went for a consultation and he gave me his canned speak with little room for questions. He berated other doctors claiming he they were not 'doctors'. The quote for both eyes upper/lower was $1,000.00 more than others due to, in part, insistence in purchasing his own skin healing cream for $250.00. He admitted he had eyelid surgery....just wish I knew which surgeon because they did look good... The experience made me feel inadequate and certainly not a 'person' so much as just another paycheck.

Dr. Gray Was Wonderful! show details Dr. Gray Was Wonderful!
Nov 7th, 2012

I had liposuction performed and decided to go with Dr. Michael Gray after consulting with a couple other doctors. Dr. Gray and his staff were very nice and accommodating. They were quick to answer all of my questions. I am so so happy with the results of my procedure and I wish I didn't wait so long to do it. I would definitely recommend Dr. Gray to my friends.

Dr. Gray and his staff never let me down! show details Dr. Gray and his staff never let me down!
Apr 15th, 2012

I have had quite a few procedures with Dr. Gray over the past 5 years. His work is excellent, which is why I keep going back. Lipo results are especially amazing! It far exceeded my expectations and gave me a beautiful sculpted look, better than when I was in my 20's. I love his staff! They are friendly and upbeat, and give you a straight answer. (If they don't think you need a procedure you ask them about, they'll tell you.) Dr. Gray doesn't spend a lot of time talking with you in the examination room, but he stays long enough to answer my questions and that's all I need. I'm a busy professional and I'd rather cut to the chase and be on my way.

Don't do it! show details Don't do it!
Mar 4th, 2012

Extremely charismatic upon meeting him, and I admit I got sucked in, but as soon as the procedure is over the staff can't wait to get rid of you. They barely bandaged me up and rushed me out the door. He did call that night to check on me but that's pretty standard. Things really started to fall apart once I healed and was dissatisfied with my results. I wasn't expecting miracles but I was expecting liposuction to make my arms a bit smaller. He told me liposuction is only for removing fat, not for making areas smaller! Say what? Ummm...pretty sure that's why people have liposuction. He actually became a bit scary, starting blaming me for the poor results. At first he said I looked fine and when I pressed him he implied that I started lifting heavy weights and made my arms bigger. For crying out loud, seriously?? What a joke. Don't bother even going there. I'm looking for a Plastic Surgeon to fix "Dr." Gray's botch job. No matter how much cash you save with him you'll be spending it plus more to get the job done right by someone else. I've already been to 2 other docs who have said they see many of his ex-clients and hear very similar stories.

They wrote down I wanted a breast enhancement so I ad to wait for over 2 hours because I wanted a tummy tuck. They wouldnt accept they wrote down the wrong info! Ive been wanting a tummy tuck for years, why would I say a breast enhancement? show details They wrote down I wanted a breast enhancement so I ad to wait for over 2 hours because I wanted a tummy tuck. They wouldnt accept they wrote down the wrong info! Ive been wanting a tummy tuck for years, why would I say a breast enhancement?
Jan 29th, 2012

A 1/2 hr-1 hr. consultation took all day, they screwed up my appointment and hours later when I did get in for a consult. It was him doing all the talking. Not personable. I felt I was at a seminar, but the only one in the audience. It felt like a big sales pitch. He used so many metaphors, I wasnt sure if he was asking a question or seeing if I understood his metaphor story. I didnt feel comfortable upon leaving. But, happy I stuck around because I knew he was being X'd off my list, when he was the guy I wanted for the past couple of years. I followed my gut and made the right decision. Look at his reviews, he's not even certified in MI. Hes a speaker and a writer. Hes a money maker. Every little thing he does has a price tag next to it. Triple charge for anesthesia when Im already out, scammer, money taker. People's lives and bodies are at stake. I would take a little more pride in my work, not just my speaking abilities.

Michelangelo of Cosmetic Surgery show details Michelangelo of Cosmetic Surgery
Feb 22nd, 2011

My overall experience exceeded even my high standards...wonderful staff very professional. Answered all my questions and addressed any and all concerns. Followed up timely and genuinely. I would never consider any other surgeons..He's the best.

DO YOUR RESEARCH show details DO YOUR RESEARCH
Dec 11th, 2010

WHEN I MET WITH DR.GRAY FOR MY CONSULTATION IT WAS VERY SCRIPTED AND HE SEEMED EXTREMELY TIRED. I HAD A LIPO PROCEDURE DONE ON MY WAIST AND BACK AREA. WHAT A WAIST OF MONEY I WAS LEFT WITH SEVERAL SMALL SCARS AND BARELY A NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE. MORE DISAPPOINTED IN MYSELF FOR NOT DOING MORE RESEARCH. I IGNORANTLY LET ALL THE ADVERTISEMENT ON DR. GRAY UNDO MY COMMON SENSE. I HAD AN UNEASY FEELING FORM THE UNSET OF MY 10MIN CONSULTATION. PATIENT BEWARE!!!!!

by don't do it on Apr 28th, 2010

horrible

I would look for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon show details I would look for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Feb 28th, 2010

Not only did he totally make me look awful,he wouldn't even send my records to my doctor who fixed his surgical mistakes. This is unethical. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and listen to your instincts.

Apr 27th, 2009

I had an excellent experience from beginning to end. I followed all the rules and my breast enhancement turned out great!