Michael W Gray, DO

West Bloomfield
6635 Daly Rd
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
248-538-3333
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Breast augmentation that actually looks good  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2014

I didn’t find Dr. Gray caring or likeable in our first meeting. But reviews were so positive and I was hiring a plastic surgeon, not a therapist, and he was very confident. I’m getting married in the fall so I wanted to have the procedure now. The results are even better than I expected! Dr Gray said that by the fall I will see my breasts start to settle and what that will look like over a period of time. He IS the expert in this field. I am so glad I went to him.

|  not impressed  |  show details
by charo on Apr 22nd, 2014

My first impression, after a very very long wait, was that he was a kook. Random thoughts having nothing to do with the reason there. The staff was great until I committed to and paid for the surgery then they were suddenly dismissive and rude. Very long waiting times every time I saw him for follow ups. Incision sizes are ridiculously large and look dreadful even months later.

|  Thank you Dr. Gray!  |  show details
by Windsor on Apr 14th, 2014

When I first when to my consult, I felt like the one on one time was a bit short and it made me nervous as I wasn't 100% sure on the size because they gave me one to try on that he suggested and soon as I said "I like this one" they said okay and walked out. But I had a lot of friends and my mom go to Michael Gray and they look great (not fake, minimum scarring). So I put my nerves aside and put my trust into Dr. Gray. And let me just say he changed my life!!!! I was so worried about the size being too big as I am very petite, but it's perfect!!! I let him choose the size, because he is the "expert", and let me tell you I am SO HAPPY!! They are absolutely perfect. They sit perfectly, don't look fake at all (even only a week after surgery), the pain was minimal, and surgery was great. The nurses couldn't have been anymore comforting. I was only in recovery for about 30 minutes before I was sent home, but I was happy about that. who wants to be stuck in a hospital bed for longer than they have to? Not me! They gave me pain meds for on the way home, and plenty to get me through my recovery. I would recommend Michael Gray to anyone. If you want to see pictures for proof let me know!

|  Amazing Results with Dr. Michael Gray  |  show details
by Pauline on Jan 16th, 2014

He's a miracle worker. I had the Hour Glass Tummy Tuck performed and the results were BETTER than I ever expected. No wait time in the waiting room. A year later I came back for the Mommy Makeover. My husband couldn't believe his eyes. Wonderful.

by Dave on Oct 11th, 2013

I chose NOT to get the surgery from Dr. Gray. I agree with the reviews here about his character. I went for a consultation and he gave me his canned speak with little room for questions. He berated other doctors claiming he they were not 'doctors'. The quote for both eyes upper/lower was $1,000.00 more than others due to, in part, insistence in purchasing his own skin healing cream for $250.00. He admitted he had eyelid surgery....just wish I knew which surgeon because they did look good... The experience made me feel inadequate and certainly not a 'person' so much as just another paycheck.

|  Dr. Gray Was Wonderful!  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2012

I had liposuction performed and decided to go with Dr. Michael Gray after consulting with a couple other doctors. Dr. Gray and his staff were very nice and accommodating. They were quick to answer all of my questions. I am so so happy with the results of my procedure and I wish I didn't wait so long to do it. I would definitely recommend Dr. Gray to my friends.

|  Dr. Gray and his staff never let me down!  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2012

I have had quite a few procedures with Dr. Gray over the past 5 years. His work is excellent, which is why I keep going back. Lipo results are especially amazing! It far exceeded my expectations and gave me a beautiful sculpted look, better than when I was in my 20's. I love his staff! They are friendly and upbeat, and give you a straight answer. (If they don't think you need a procedure you ask them about, they'll tell you.) Dr. Gray doesn't spend a lot of time talking with you in the examination room, but he stays long enough to answer my questions and that's all I need. I'm a busy professional and I'd rather cut to the chase and be on my way.

|  Don't do it!  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2012

Extremely charismatic upon meeting him, and I admit I got sucked in, but as soon as the procedure is over the staff can't wait to get rid of you. They barely bandaged me up and rushed me out the door. He did call that night to check on me but that's pretty standard. Things really started to fall apart once I healed and was dissatisfied with my results. I wasn't expecting miracles but I was expecting liposuction to make my arms a bit smaller. He told me liposuction is only for removing fat, not for making areas smaller! Say what? Ummm...pretty sure that's why people have liposuction. He actually became a bit scary, starting blaming me for the poor results. At first he said I looked fine and when I pressed him he implied that I started lifting heavy weights and made my arms bigger. For crying out loud, seriously?? What a joke. Don't bother even going there. I'm looking for a Plastic Surgeon to fix "Dr." Gray's botch job. No matter how much cash you save with him you'll be spending it plus more to get the job done right by someone else. I've already been to 2 other docs who have said they see many of his ex-clients and hear very similar stories.

|  They wrote down I wanted a breast enhancement so I ad to wait for over 2 hours because I wanted a tummy tuck. They wouldnt accept they wrote down the wrong info! Ive been wanting a tummy tuck for years, why would I say a breast enhancement?  |  show details
Jan 29th, 2012

A 1/2 hr-1 hr. consultation took all day, they screwed up my appointment and hours later when I did get in for a consult. It was him doing all the talking. Not personable. I felt I was at a seminar, but the only one in the audience. It felt like a big sales pitch. He used so many metaphors, I wasnt sure if he was asking a question or seeing if I understood his metaphor story. I didnt feel comfortable upon leaving. But, happy I stuck around because I knew he was being X'd off my list, when he was the guy I wanted for the past couple of years. I followed my gut and made the right decision. Look at his reviews, he's not even certified in MI. Hes a speaker and a writer. Hes a money maker. Every little thing he does has a price tag next to it. Triple charge for anesthesia when Im already out, scammer, money taker. People's lives and bodies are at stake. I would take a little more pride in my work, not just my speaking abilities.

|  Michelangelo of Cosmetic Surgery  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2011

My overall experience exceeded even my high standards...wonderful staff very professional. Answered all my questions and addressed any and all concerns. Followed up timely and genuinely. I would never consider any other surgeons..He's the best.

|  DO YOUR RESEARCH  |  show details
Dec 11th, 2010

WHEN I MET WITH DR.GRAY FOR MY CONSULTATION IT WAS VERY SCRIPTED AND HE SEEMED EXTREMELY TIRED. I HAD A LIPO PROCEDURE DONE ON MY WAIST AND BACK AREA. WHAT A WAIST OF MONEY I WAS LEFT WITH SEVERAL SMALL SCARS AND BARELY A NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE. MORE DISAPPOINTED IN MYSELF FOR NOT DOING MORE RESEARCH. I IGNORANTLY LET ALL THE ADVERTISEMENT ON DR. GRAY UNDO MY COMMON SENSE. I HAD AN UNEASY FEELING FORM THE UNSET OF MY 10MIN CONSULTATION. PATIENT BEWARE!!!!!

|  Great Doc!  |  show details
May 13th, 2010

Great Doctor! and wonderful staff... Explained everything I asked about in normal talk not doc talk. Had lipo in November and just bought my first bikini in 15 Years Thanks for making me a new woman!

by don't do it on Apr 28th, 2010

horrible

|  I would look for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2010

Not only did he totally make me look awful,he wouldn't even send my records to my doctor who fixed his surgical mistakes. This is unethical. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and listen to your instincts.

Apr 27th, 2009

I had an excellent experience from beginning to end. I followed all the rules and my breast enhancement turned out great!

|  Don't do it. It's worth seeing a plastic surgeon. Spend the money or regret your decision.  |  show details
by EyesWideOpenNow on Dec 15th, 2008

I have never been spoken to in such a terrible manner as this physician spoke to me. Blaming me for my procedure turning out bad, lying to me about why it turned out bad and not acknowledging the mistake and making it right to me. If you want plastic surgery, please take the negative comments seriously and know that you are taking your chances here. You may spend money twice to get the result you want, and believe me, Dr. Gray isn't professional or man enough to admit he made a mistake on you. For those of you he has experimented on, please write the medical board and tell your story. Why he advertises all over the place about how great he is, there are people whose lives are being destroyed. That is certainly seen on the many websites I have read and now have personally experienced myself. I'm now spending money all over again to have a plastic surgeon, who is really qualified to perform my procedure, do it properly. Take my advice. It's worth the money in the end.