A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Nelson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Nelson, Family Practitioner, Emergency Physician is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Nelson
Atrial Fibrillation Patient Education Learn about atrial fibrillation and irregular heartbeat symptoms and treatments by reading the patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Nelson Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Spider Vein Removal (Telangiectasis)
- Unstable Angina
- Varicose Veins
Education & Awards
Dr. Nelson graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx.
Dr. Nelson has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical Center
- Methodist Le Bonheur Germantown Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael A Nelson MD is a male Internist, has 13 years of experience and practices in Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, and Nuclear Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Michael A. Nelson practice?
- Dr. Michael Nelson has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Nelson practices Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, and Nuclear Cardiology near Germantown, TN.
See Germantown Cardiologists and Germantown Nuclear Medicine Physicians.