Dr. Michael Phelan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Phelan?

October 2nd, 2009

Excellent care during partial nephrectomy nightmare

Dr. Phelan proved to be a wonderful surgeon and resource during my husband's partial nephrectomy for renal cell carcinoma in 2004. Despite the short time-frame from diagnosis to surgery, Dr. Phelan made sure we understood the disease and our options. The procedure started laparascopically but had to be converted to open due to conditions determined during surgery, but even the attempt was successful at reducing body trauma. The procedure was a success, in that it completely removed the tumor. Dr. Phelan's care was excellent immediately after the surgery and during regular follow-up visits.

May 19th, 2008

Kidney Cancer

The new procedure of "cryrosurgery" being utilized by Dr. Phelan and his staff at the U of MD has benefitted my health and prolonged my life for the past three years. Although I am currently in a "study" that officially ends in 2010 I am hoping that I help prove this new technique of treating kidney cancer leads to a long life for myself and can be helpful to others -as it is as non-invasive of a procedure as one can currently obtain. The alternatives being a partial nephorology or total kidney removal involving major surgery and hospitalization and longer recovery periods. Through my experience with this study I believe I can add some valuable input into making it more successful. I hope to discuss this with Dr. Phelan at my next appointment.

June 19th, 2017