A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Schuster:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Schuster is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Schuster, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Hematology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Aplastic Anemia
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
Education & Awards
Dr. Schuster graduated from Dartmouth College, Hanover. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Schuster has 17 hospital affiliations:
- Stony Brook University Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Schuster accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Evercare - 9 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael W. Schuster practice?
Dr. Michael Schuster practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, Hematology & Oncology, Medical Oncology, and Hematology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Stony Brook, NY and New Hyde Park, NY.
See New York Internists, New York Hematologists, and New York Oncologists.