A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Shelton is Good. Dr. Shelton has been reviewed by 3 patients who have provided 2 comments. The rating is 3 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Shelton, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
He has special expertise in 2 Areas, including Diabetes and Diabetes Complications.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Shelton graduated from The University of Texas at Houston. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Shelton has 5 hospital affiliations:
- St Luke`s Episcopal Hospital
- Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shelton accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 12 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Anthem Blue Cross - 8 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Michael Shelton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael W. Shelton practice?
Dr. Michael Shelton practices Family Medicine near Houston, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Los Angeles, CA.
See Houston Family Physicians.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Michal Shelton, Dr. Micheal Shelton, Dr. Michel Shelton, Dr. Mickey Shelton, Dr. Miguel Shelton, Dr. Mike Shelton