A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Smith is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Smith Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Smith, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago.
Dr. Smith has 3 hospital affiliations:
- St. Joseph`s Behavioral Health Center - Stockton
- Saint Joseph's Behavioral Health Center
- ValleyCare Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael William Smith MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Michael W. Smith practice?
- Dr. Michael Smith has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Smith practices Psychiatry near Stockton, CA.
See Stockton Psychiatrists.