Dr. Michael Wood Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Wood?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 22nd, 2013

Dr. Wood is a wonderful doctor!!! I had been sick for many years and could not find anyone that would help me and he did. He has always been very helpful and never rushes me out the door but takes time and answers all my questions. I am very thankful to have found a doctor as wonderful as him. I also think his office staff is AWESOME and super helpful!!! I have and will continue to tell people to go to Dr.Wood!!!

October 19th, 2012

As a doctor, ought not a physician and his/her nursing associates respond to a patient in a timely manner? Is it the onus of the patient, who is ill enough to seek treatment and hope, to continually phone and receive no response for weeks? Is it fair that an ill patient who only needs hope and reassurance be labeled a "difficult" patient? Have contacted my PCP for another referral based on poor experience overall with WNY GA.

January 3rd, 2010

Lacks objectivity

Is indifferent to patient suffering, unwilling to assist patient in getting appropriate treatment when he is unable to diagnose and provide it - actually actively works to prevent patient from being seen by better qualified physicians when the only loss to him is insurance dollars and ego gratification. No one has all the answers, but he takes it out on the patient when it is suggested that referring on would be appropriate. Is the first physician that I have ever dealt with who actually slammed the phone receiver down in my ear. His office assistant appears to try to be helpful.

Doctor's Response

This was not written by a patient of mine at all, but rather the mother of one, a woman I have never even met, but did speak to on the phone once. As far as I am aware, she has never even set foot in my office. The patient is a legally competent adult, so his mother should not have been calling about him at all. The patient came to me for a "second opinion," because he was upset that the gastroenterologist in Buffalo who he was seeing previously recommended that he see a psychiatrist. The patient never got most of the testing I recommended done and never showed up for any follow up appointment that was scheduled. The mother called insisting that he be referred to the Cleveland Clinic, because "no one in Buffalo could do anything for him." Although it would have suited me just fine for the patient to go to Cleveland or anywhere else for his medical care, I tried to explain to the mother that it was quite unlikely that his insurance company would agree to pay for him to go to the Cleveland Clinic when he had not gotten the testing recommended locally done. The woman refused to listen to a word I said to her.

SHOW