Dr. Michael Wainston Is this you?

Neutral

January 7th, 2015

So grateful to you. You will be missed...

Rest in Peace ~ Michael Wainston, MD ~ 1925-2012 I will always remember your kind spirit and generous heart. Thank you for your service to those who needed you and thank you for your service, within the U.S. army, to our country during World War II. I'm a better person today because of you. Thank you. My deepest condolences to his family, friends, and patients.

September 30th, 2011

charles y.

i have been a patient of Dr. Wainston for over a decade and find he has helped me tremedously. Dr. wainston is kind compassionate and very knowledegable in his field of medicine. i would highly recommend him to anyone seeking this type medical service!

September 15th, 2011

Inconciderate

Dr.Wainston is only concerned about getting his payment from you only in cash and insists on seeing you on a weekly basis.I have never heard of anything like this. Usually you see a psychiatrist once a month but this guy wants your copay and could give two shits about you.I am so fed up with him that I am telling him that I no longer will be seeing him.Very unprofessional.

September 13th, 2011

He is ok but can be quite obnoxious at times!!!!!!!

July 13th, 2011

Caring Compassionate, Concerned

Dr. Wainston is a very honest and nurturing man. He is always available, day or night, he is genuinely concerned about my mental and physical health, and he has a vast knowledge of medicine and treatment. His experience over the past decades has provided him with ample insight into multiple areas of medicine, and yet he is willing and open to learn about new ideas, medication, and forms of treatment. He readily supports the addition of 12 step recovery work into his therapy, and is so generous and caring, that even though I cannot attend the second weekly session in person, he makes time for me to call him, and checks up on me from time to time to make sure that I am doing ok. He is not judgmental, and gives appropriate and well though of advice and guidance. I think that he is a terrific human being, who is approachable, and human. I highly recommend him as a psychiatrist and therapist, and know for a fact that any rating he has received to the contrary was delivered by an addict who unsuccessfully attempted to get "drugs" (not medication) in order to satisfy his addiction. Dr. Wainston provides me with what I need to be a better functioning member of society, and knows the difference between people engaging in drug-seeking behavior, and people who are looking for solutions to mental illness and other mental disorders. A+ human being and doctor.

July 7th, 2011

Fantastic Doctor.

I have been seeing Doctor Wainston since 1997. He is thoughtful and caring, He was the only Doctor to properly diagnose my problem. I have recommended friends and family to him with great results. The best in my book.

June 30th, 2011

Thoughtful and caring

I've known Dr. Wainston since 1985. During our sessions I have always found him to be empathetic, caring and considerate. I'm very fortunate to have him as my doctor.

May 16th, 2011

Awful

He should retire. All the other reviews are correct. He's about 100 years old and only wants to talk about himself and his family.

November 4th, 2010

terrible

Dr. Wainston was the rude, nasty, combative, and extremely unsympathetic, especially for a psychiatrist. He was rude to me (the patient) and my mother. He does not let you talk, and keeps interrupting. I would never recommend this doctor. In addition, he is unprofessional and should probably retire!-Annoyed

October 28th, 2010

beware

i am sure dr wainsten is a decent person, but i think he should honestly retire. he is grouchy, unprofessional, rude, forgetful and will manipulate you into seeing him every week otherwise he will not see you, or write your prescriptions, at all. in addition, there is absolutely no therapy happening in his office. whenever one tries to talk about their problems, issues, frustrations, fears, ANYTHING AB

September 4th, 2010

i will never recommend this doctor. as in other reviews he barely listens to your symptoms but talks about his personal life. when you question him about the treatment he gets very disappointed with a rude attitude.

March 27th, 2010

Awful. Do not see this quack of a doctor. All he does the entire time is talk about his son that lives in Mystic, CT ad barely asks any questins about you. He is rude, obnoxious, inconsiderate. He only brings up his own hobbies and if you arent interested in them he finds it strange. Stay away!!