A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Walkenstein:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Walkenstein, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Walkenstein graduated from Tufts University, Boston.
Dr. Walkenstein has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Albert Einstein Medical Center
- Belmont Center for Comprehensive Treatment
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Walkenstein accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael D. Walkenstein practice?
Dr. Michael Walkenstein practices Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine near Norristown, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA.
See Norristown Internists, Norristown Critical Care Practitioners, Norristown Pulmonologists, and Norristown Anesthesiologists.