Dr. Michael Weidemann MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Las Vegas, NV

• Good
  • Bad

May 17th, 2011
Kudos to the doc and his satff!!
I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Weidemann for a second opinion. I was somewhat skeptical regarding a surgical procedure my OB/GYN wanted me to rush in to. I felt strongly, given my medical history, I was not a candidate for such an extreme surgical measure. The first doctor wanted to schedule an out patient procedure at the hospital, ASAP...She cautioned me that her schedule was filling up fast and I needed to get this booked NOW. BIG RED FLAG!! I saw Dr. Weidemann, a few weeks following, and was greeted with compassion, kindness and a much more "conservative opinion/approach." He carefully reviewed all the test results and spoke with me with intelligence and respect. He never once berated my primary doctor but suggested I take an "alternative approach" and review my progress in several months. Additionally, he provided information on my condition that I had never been given. As well, his staff was equally good. Kudos to the doc and his staff for "paying attention" to the "entire wellness" of a patient!!

April 20th, 2010
Could Have Been Better
He delivered my second child. He was so concerned with my weight that nothing else mattered to him but to tell me to diet and not gain much,etc.Sent me to special u/s's because of my weight stating that his staff couldnt perform u/s's on bigger women. However, my second visit ended up being with a NP and she did a quick u/s and got a very clear picture of my child which led me to believe the dr just didnt wanna be bothered.He never showed much care in dealing with me before, during, or after my delivery. I found him to be quite uncaring overall. He just seemed to not want to be bothered so took very little time with me and kept harping on me about getting a tubal because it was my second child and I was overweight.I mean EVERY appointment ended with him bringing up a tubal and wanting to write it down to be done in my file and I kept having to explain that wasnt going to happen. He either had a sucky memory or had just a major problem with overweight people as being human beings or something.Who knows, Im just glad I dont have to deal with him anymore. I hated feeling like a second class citizen.Just be prepared if you are overweight to be treated poorly. I hope after nearly 4 yrs he's changed but odds are good he hasnt.

March 2nd, 2016