Some ratings provided by DrScore.
md show details md
by lawrence s cohn,md on Jan 2nd, 2014

As an M.D. I have access to a lot of information about other doctors. Dr. Weitz is a very bright, knowledgeable caring physician. Except for having a a wait that is very long for most, I regard Dr. Weitz as peerless.

Outstanding show details Outstanding
by Theresa S on Nov 4th, 2013

Compassionate and so kind. Never rushes you and spends as much time with you as needed. Dr.Weitz is a true asset to the medical profession!

Awful show details Awful
Apr 12th, 2013

Most inconsiderate doctor. The staff is inept and rude. My appointments for an MRI were canceled twice without notification. The machines were not operating properly. I went to seek pain remedy and left months after in worse condition without even a prescription for physical therapy. The X-ray technician was supremely rude. The only person who was at least personable was the man who performed the nerve tests. I wish I had never met, seen this doctor and even more so that I had not been exposed to possible extreme and potentially harmful radiation. My last visit, after a two hour wait, consisted of a 10 minute conversation with Dr. Weitz who insisted that I undergo more tests to add to the full body x rays and MRIs that I had had already. In addition to inconsiderate, unethical and uncaring and incompetent are adjectives that also come to mind.

Horrible customer service by staff, rude show details Horrible customer service by staff, rude
Oct 2nd, 2012

Made an appointment, waited three weeks. I was referred by a patient of Dr. Weitz. While waiting I mentioned to office staff I had an accident but was paying out of pocket. Automatically refused my appointment and were very rude. I told them I was using my medical insurance and I was just mentioning I was diagnosed at an urgent care. Still refused treatment, not even the courtesy of the doctor to meet me and refer to another practitioner. I called my health insurance, they called the office and told them for me to call that they will give me an Aappointment. I did and again they refused, they lied to the health insurance who told me to get another doctor.

professional patient show details professional patient
Aug 16th, 2012

I would recommend him to anyone who asks... some of the long wiat time is caused by 2 factors - first his MA takes your blood and he has the basic results before he sees you and he gives care to the patients above keeping on schedule, I recommend bringing a book to read, but he is worth it...

dissatisfied show details dissatisfied
Jun 30th, 2012

The doctor orders unecessary exams even on patients who transfer over to him from another doctor he could get your full history from. The costs go into the hundreds of dollars beyond what your insurance pays. More tests are asked every time you visit instead of just keeping the patient on a maintenance program. The staff is rude and inconsiderate not helping when medication needs to be refilled. The office has several doctors and far too many young women staff so this causes confusion and when you call you never get to who you need to reach right away and oftentimes need to leave a message as no one picks up the phone. Stay away and find a smaller office where the attention given will be quality rather than quantity!

Appt. wait time - over 3 hours show details Appt. wait time - over 3 hours
Apr 5th, 2012

Liked the doctor and staff. Very long wait time. Seeing too many patients at one time.

Executive Assistant show details Executive Assistant
Mar 8th, 2012

I came away from my first apt. with Dr. Weitz completely at ease and relieved. I have never had a Dr. spend so much time with me going over every detail of my xrays, symptoms, etc. He was totally thorough and explained everything that was happening to me. He was recommended to my by my GYN, Dr. Nathan Hersh and I was so impressed that I had to call Dr. Hersh and personally thank him for recommending Dr.Weitz to me. I have been much more comfortable and the pain I have been having has been greatly relieved. I may not be on the way to complete recovery,but I am definitely on the way to being more comfortable and I think, pain free. Also, I would like to add that the staff was most cordial, pleasant and efficient.

Jul 27th, 2011

He is the only doctor out of eight others who answered my written request for a specific treatment. The wait time to get an appointment with him and in while in the waiting room is indeed long, but he takes his time and listens to everything you want to say. He shows genuine concern and compassion, very nice!

Excellent and caring bedside manner show details Excellent and caring bedside manner
Sep 30th, 2008

Dr. Weitz is one of the best doctors that I have been treated by. He is very considerate, takes time to hear what you have to say, and provides solid feedback and advice.