A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Wells is Good. Dr. Wells has been reviewed by 2 patients who have provided 0 comments. The rating is 2.5 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Wells, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Wells graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago.More Education & Awards
Dr. Wells has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Medical Center-Dubuque
- Galena-Stauss Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wells accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Medica Health Plans - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Dean Health Plan - 6 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 6 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Michael Wells:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael J. Wells practice?
Dr. Michael Wells practices Family Medicine near Galena, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Dubuque, IA.
See Galena Family Physicians.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Miguel Wells, Dr. Mitch Wells, Dr. Myles Wells, Dr. Michal Wells, Dr. Mickey Wells, Dr. Miles Wells