Dr. Michael Wertz Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Wertz?

Asthma

Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Michael Wertz?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 24th, 2016

Very cold and every time I visited him he was uncertain as to what is exactly wrong. I had 2 knee surgeries with him and still having issues. Looking for second opinion new from someone else. Don't get me wrong he is nice but a typical cold, quick conservation dr and I need more details as to what is going on and whether or not we should do another surgery or not. He was very unclear and hesitant when figuring out next steps.

April 12th, 2015

This man made a big mistake on my surgery, and has not righted it.

July 31st, 2012

No problem with the Dr. nor the office

This visit with Wertz was really a 2nd opinion. I'm not the type really concerned with a "bedside manner", I knew what the problem was, and he was forthright and to the point. That was fine with me, as I don't care about chit-chat, however he was friendly enough, and we even joked around a little bit. He validated the issue, and I was in out-patient surgery the following week. No muss, no fuss.

July 10th, 2012

Bad Customer Service

Even though the insurance company pre-approved my treatment, Dr Wertz insisted that I pay the full cost of my treatment upfront and told me he would refund my money after the insurance paid him. I explained that I did not have that amount of money and his office staff said I would not receive the treatment unless I paid upfront. So sad.

July 7th, 2012

Dr. Wertz has always taken the time to ensure that all the options were explained and covered.

April 4th, 2012

Ms Ellis

Mike is a wonderful doctor. He has worked on both my knees and now my elbow. I would trust no one other than Dr Wertz.

January 11th, 2012

I went to see Dr. Wertz because a woman I met at swimming said she would trust her life to Dr. Wertz. He had totally reconstructed her left arm and shoulder after a serious car accident. No one would know by the way she swam. In 2008 Dr. Wertz operated on my frozen left shoulder joint, replacing the ball and repairing the socket. I had had a backward fall on black ice about 20 years previous and arthritis set in. I saw the proverbial stars but took most of my weight on the left elbow, jamming the bone into the shoulder. I now have full range of motion. This past year (2011, three years later) my right shoulder has gotten so painful and stiff that I am gratefully going to see Dr. Wertz soon. Recovery won't be easy since I am right handed. I am doing water aerobics to get my muscles in shape.You know,it's hard to swim with one arm. I can add that Dr.Wertz knows how to sew--my scar looks like a nearly invisible thread.

August 4th, 2011

dr wertz treated me for a serious ankle injury 10 yrs ago. things may have changed since then, but my overall experience with him was good. i agree his bedside manner was not very warm or friendly, nor necessarily optimistic, but he did an excellent job of putting me back together! I was very impressed with the quality of his work. I suggest being prepared to ask questions if you want to know details. He was also willing to work with me on the payments as I was a cash client, and discounted quite a bit in the end, when I fulfilled my agreement with him.. I would not hesitate to go to him again if need be.

July 12th, 2011

Dr. Wertz was very thorough and compassionate. He spent time with me going over the operative procedure and rehabilitation. I had an excellent surgical result and am very happy with my new total knee

June 29th, 2011

Does not seem compassionate

I had to wait about twenty minutes to see him. I provided him with my MRI, and he was quick to suggest surgery. I can't speak to whether or not he is good at diagnosing and treating, as I'm getting multiple opinions, but I can say with certainty he's in his profession for the money. He is cold and generally uninterested.

January 16th, 2011

Waited over an hour to see him with no once saying there would be a wait or apologizing. Told only to bring MRI, then, once there had to get x-rays that the doctor did not show me, but just told me that from his looking a them, thta I needed surgery, then, the only thing he did was tell me and show me an old fashioned joint replacement that he wouldn't be using! All in all, unprofessional and unsatisfactory and a waste of my time and a waste of my insurance.....

March 7th, 2010