3.0

Lacking Bedside Manner show details Lacking Bedside Manner
Aug 19th, 2015

This physician could use a course in "Improving Your Bedside Manner".

good doctor/bad bedside manner show details good doctor/bad bedside manner
Jul 20th, 2015

Good doctor, but a TERRIBLE bedside manner. He doesn't have much sympathy for patient pain. If you're looking for a good surgeon with a lot of experience, you are in good hands but don't expect a warm and fuzzy appointment. I still recommend him though... I've seen him many times over the years, my relatives have had surgeries by him, and everything has always turned out very successful.

Avoid show details Avoid
Apr 28th, 2015

Dr. Whitaker is knowledgeable but that's about where the list of positives end. He is very abrupt to the point of being rude. He does not know how to communicate effectively with his patients. I was scared to go to every appointment I had with him since he would argue and yell. Eventually I couldn't do it anymore and had to find a new doctor. He just doesn't have any bedside manner which could inhibit the patient from expressing his/her concerns openly.

Excellent show details Excellent
Mar 16th, 2015

Dr. Whitaker is an excellent orthopaedic surgeon. I highly recommend both him and his practice.

Egotistical, Condescending, Insulting, Self-Interested... show details Egotistical, Condescending, Insulting, Self-Interested...
by BVH on Dec 5th, 2014

Be careful questioning Dr. Whitaker or you'll be branded as "fearful and anxious". I am hardly fearful and anxious, lol. What I am is well-informed. I did what any responsible person does when confronted with a medical issue. I researched it and then voiced my legitimate concerns to Dr. Whitaker. Evidently, being an informed patient doesn't go over well with Dr. Whitaker. He does not like to be questioned. Be that as it may, to give the devil his dues, he did diagnose me correctly. My suggestion, if you want to see an egoistical, condescending, insulting, self-absorbed physician, is to just let Dr. Whitaker do his little authority dance. Listen without commenting/questioning, and then simply nod and accept whatever he says. Pay your bill and call it a day. And good luck with his obviously stressed out, less than professional/friendly staff. I did not hire Dr. Whitaker to listen to his complaints about " Blah, blah, blah... poor me, me, me... and that's the state of medicine today... (sigh)...". Really?! Try it from this side, buddy, then you'll have some bonefide complaints. I should have sent him a bill for my time. No, that's not how it works, at least not for me. I'm a partner in my healthcare and I expect to be treated with respect and my concerns to be taken seriously, not pay for Dr. Whitakers' time to talk about himself and his concerns. The same thing happened to Dr. Whitaker that happens to others who seriously fall down on the job. He got issued a one way ticket on The Adios Express.

Avoid this arrogant buffoon show details Avoid this arrogant buffoon
Apr 22nd, 2013

Attributed a lack of ability to lift my leg as advanced arthritis after glancing at my MRI and asked if I want a hip replacement, before even examining me. When that procedure was declined...Was loud and rude, to the point of being obnoxios, told me I would have to accept that I have advanced arithitis ( the MRI showed early to moderate arthritic wear of the joint) was the sole basis of my problem. Totally missed the ruptured tendon that was the true reason of the pain that had been lasting for weeks.

A caring physician show details A caring physician
by Tex Enoch on Mar 18th, 2013

Dr. Whitaker has treated my knees, my sons' knees and elbows and my mothers foot. His unfailing care and concern is heartwarming. The results of his surgeries have been uniformly successful. I would recommend anyone to his care.

Wonderful Doctor!! show details Wonderful Doctor!!
Feb 24th, 2012

Had double knee replacemont done on Sept.24th 2002. Doctor Whitaker was very caring & concerned. He did a wonderful job on my Knees. Even after almost 10 years, my knees are doing great. I highly recommend Dr. Michael Whitaker.

Knowledgeable and concerned show details Knowledgeable and concerned
Jan 12th, 2012

i have recommended Dr. Whitaker to others. He very ably performed my hip replacement and was diligent during my rehab and recovery. Also, he has been available to me for any follow up questions during the ensuring 2 years.

Jun 7th, 2011

I will never make an appointment for Dr. Whitaker again. I felt he treated me like an idiot and rushed me out the door to get to his next appointment. He did not seem to care. There are much better doctors within the same practice.

I still remember show details I still remember
Sep 13th, 2010

they thought I was faking a back injury. I was laying on my stomach during the exam and the attending assistant deliberately pushed her finger into my sciatic nerve as a way to check my reaction. It turned out I had a bona fide herniated disc and was in agony! I wasn't treated very courteously and didn't like being treated with suspicion by both of them. There are better doctors.

there are better doctors... show details there are better doctors...
Feb 1st, 2010

I have visited him 3 times and each time I get lecture on how he doesn't get paid enough and how high his malpractice insurance. Funny, I seem to recall he drives a rather nice car. My suggestion is to avoid him and ask for a different doctor.

SAD commentary on Doylestown Hosp recommended surgeon show details SAD commentary on Doylestown Hosp recommended surgeon
Dec 29th, 2009

This physician's lack of professionalism is quite the opposite of what I expected.Inconsiderate, uncompassionate, oblivious to patient's need to express him/herself. This physician has major lawsuit paranoia that totally inhibits his ability to consider patient pain and suffering. In other words, this physician is consumed with his own self interests not concerns of his patients. His office staff are mixed up, incapable of cross communication and are plagued with poor memory.

An excellent doctor show details An excellent doctor
Dec 8th, 2009

Dr. Whitaker is an excellent doctor who takes the time to talk and listen to his patients. He also has the most professional staff of any doctor's office I've ever visited.