Dr. J Wiater MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

October 9th, 2016
LONG, LONG Wait for a 5 minute visit!! Rude staff.
Ridiculous. Over-book. My visit with him took place in the casting room with other patients right next to me. NO privacy. After waiting 4 1/2 hours, he talked to me for 5 minutes. NEVER allowed to see him again, only the Physician's assistant who NEVER knew any details!

August 7th, 2016
Arrogant and rude
This guy was rude and unhelpful . He needs some schooling in patient doctor edict !!!!! He blew me off !!!!!!

May 16th, 2016
Total Shoulder Replacement
I had my Left Shoulder replaced 10 weeks ago by Dr. Michael Wiater. The first week or 2 were a little painful, but after that, and Physical Therapy, NO Problems. Thank you Doctor for relieving me of the previous pain and problems I had.

March 31st, 2016
Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement
I had a complex fracture to my shoulder due to a fall while at work. I was transported to ER at Beaumont by EMS and had surgery later that day. Dr Micheal Wiater did the surgery and I continued recovery in a rehab facility . I have seen Dr Wiater once since surgery 3 months ago and the visit was very brief with little information provided by the physician regarding what to expect going forward. I have since had unrelenting pain radiating from the shoulder into my hand . I have severe muscle spams at the area of my deltoid and bicep . I could not get an appointment prior to the 3 month follow up appointment and was told that Dr Wiater prefers to stay on the 6 week post-op and 3 month follow up schedule. I have attended physical therapy and continue to have difficulty performing daily tasks including driving because I am right handed and injury was to right shoulder. I have been on pain medications which just take the edge off the level of pain I have 24/7. I need to return to work and and have some semblance of use of my arm. I do not want to use emergency room for treatment as it is very expensive and in the end it is Dr Wiater who did the surgery and needs to follow up with me. I have read reviews here and majority seem negative which really concerns me. I have an upcoming appointment with Dr Wiater and am prepared to ask him questions and expect answers . I have spoke to the PA on the phone ( 3 days after I called office about severe pain ) and was informed the pain may be due to cerclage cables and may require another surgery to remove them. I am an optimist by nature and will afford Dr Wiater opportunity to address this situation before I make a final judgement on this experience.

March 20th, 2016
Saved my shoulder
After seeing 2 other Doctors the first of which said my only 2 choices were live with the pain or replace the shoulder. The second Dr. (after I told him I wanted to repair the shoulder because of the limitations of a replacement) said I would be better served by going to Dr. J. Michael Wiater. I called and made an appointment in 2 weeks. He said I had 3 options 1) Cortisone Injection, 2) Physical Therapy, 3) Repair the shoulder. When I asked why he didn't recommend replacement, he said "You're not there yet." He repaired my shoulder and I couldn't be happier.

March 8th, 2016
Wait, wait, wait. Nobody seems to care
Wait is 4 hours to see the Dr and 2 hours to see the Physicians assistant! Ridiculous! Dr.'s staff is curt and quick. No matter how much pain you're in, you will not get any sympathy or caring comments here.

February 18th, 2016
Dr Wiater came highly regarded through my wife's contacts at work (Beaumont nurse). So far everything is great and getting healthy. I've read the other reviews and info provided by staff and yes, if he is there only two days a week he is going to be busy. If he or the practice was crappy he would not be busy or he would have to advertise on TV. So he doesn't have time to sit and chat and he sometimes doesn't have time to kindly remove himself from an appointment with a talkative patient: he just has to leave. He and his P.A. Jaime have answered every question I had. Before you actually see him, have your questions written down. This way you won't forget. I wanted a very competent doctor and staff to fix my shoulder and they did and every thing on course so far. If you have any orthopaedic needs, including shoulders, visit Dr. Michael Wiater and rest of doctors and staff.

November 9th, 2015
I am so glad my knee orthopedic surgeon recommended Dr. Michael Wiater, awesome guy.

November 2nd, 2015
I have been calling the office I am in horrible pain I was told the dr would call me last week never heard from him am now looking for another dr since the staff told me the office is very busy with people who r using up there insurance before the year ends . So they r booked solid and emergency don't matter . I have been going back and forth with this office for over 2 weeks I am taking advils like skittles my entire left arm is completely numb I have pain shooting down my neck and spine but can't get help from this office . Not to mention the person who does the scheduling is rude . So at this point it's off to the emergency room . This might be the worst customer service I have ever experienced .

October 28th, 2015
I will never use their service again, they treat their patients like garbage that's from reception office to the nurse staff to Dr. Micheal Wiater himself , If I was not in so much pain for the past nine months I would have asked for another doctor.

July 22nd, 2015
Professionalism wanting
Can't speak to his technical expertise, but bedside manner is pathetic - needs to make just a teensy effort, eg, say hello, goodbye, and pretend like he cares. I know many surgeons, his level of unconcern / ?arrogance is over the top. C'mon dude.

March 2nd, 2015
Dr. Wiater did an amazing job all around in my case. I am so grateful for his and his staff's excellent work and amazing care and concern shown to me before and after my surgery.