Dr. Michael Willcutts Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Willcutts?

September 14th, 2015

I was diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency and an inactive pituitary gland when I was 15. Due to my lack of growth, I had become obese. When the insurance company refused to pay for my treatment, this doctor threatened to take them to court for perpetuating childhood obesity. Within a few days we received a letter from insurance stating all the new prescriptions they now cover, top of the list was the one I needed. This man is my hero.

October 15th, 2014

I called Cooks Childrens "on call" line. I have been very pleased with the whole experience of my child being diagnosed with Diabetes type 1 ( in whatever shape or form can be a good experience. It is what it is). Last night, I called the on call line because my son just had just received the pump that morning and his BG was way high for his usual. We tested for keytones and since March, this is my first experience with them. I tried to read my book but was unable to figure out what to do and I want to be certain I was taking care of him correctly. As I'm sure most parents would. I received a call from a very loud, over-talking doctor who really didn't even want to listen to what I had to say. I tried to explain we corrected and accounted for carbs and we were drinking water. It's the moment where you forget all you were taught. I needed reassurance. I didn't receive that. What I did get was someone VERY un-interested, in a hurry and almost yelling at me, unprofessional man. He told me that "I needed to call the hospital because I didn't have any idea what I was doing." It was not until I had to yell back and tell him if he took a moment to listen to what I had to say and that my mother died from this disease and I cried that he slowed down enough to listen. At the beginning of my conversation he made it seem as he no idea about diabetes and now that I googled him, I am floored to see that he is a pediatric endocrinologist!!! At the end of the conversation he said well "Well I don't know, sounds like you're doing all the right things and good luck." Super reassuring! I then called a friend whose daughter had diabetes. He was way more helpful. Very uneasy feeling. If you hate to be bothered then maybe get a new job!

November 7th, 2016