A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Wimmer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Wimmer, MD is board certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Spinal Cord Injury Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Wimmer graduated from The University of Texas at Houston.
Dr. Wimmer has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas
- Plaza Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wimmer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 1 plan
- Superior Health Plan - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Cook Children’s Health Plan - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael E. Wimmer practice?
Dr. Michael Wimmer practices Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Spinal Cord Injury Medicine, and Orthopaedic Surgery near Fort Worth, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Arlington, TX.
See Fort Worth Physiatrists and Fort Worth Orthopedic Surgeons.