Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  No bedside manner, arrogant  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2014

like other patients say. No doors in patient rooms are closed when your in them. You can hear everyone's conversation. Waiting room is more then empty half the time. Maybe one or two other people, at the most. I have gone to other ortho's, and not that I want to wait forever. But a full waiting room is a sign the doctor must in demand. I ask Dr. Wind, 4 years about the "chicken shots" that keep you pain free for your arthritic knees. He never encourage it or suggested it. Will never go back. Found on Ortho Dr. that does them, and it's a miracle, you get them every 6 months, glad I'm getting them before summiting to particle knee replacement.

|  bedside manner  |  show details
by anna pruchniewski on May 6th, 2014

i was referred through my insurance to see dr wind and i was pleasantly suprised at his bedside manner..he was caring and concerned reguarding my situation and i was glad to see he made me a priority even though i was squeezed in to fit his already busy schedule that day but i didnt feel like i was being rushed at all. he even set up a dr to follow up with to have my surgery done promptly for me

|  Horrible experience  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2013

My sister had hip surgery with Dr. Wind. Horrible experience! She has had constant pain, poor mobility and foot drop. Additionally, he has Terrible bedside manner, he was impatient and had poor follow-up. She has had to have repeat surgery (from another/an excellent orthopedic surgeon). Run don't walk from this Doctor.

Apr 10th, 2013

He is not a doctor he is a butcher

|  The new hip is better than the original!!  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2012

I'm 4 months into recovery from a total hip replacement from Dr. Wind. Already, I am more pain free and mobile than I was before the procedure. Never have I seen a more knowledgable and professional medical team. If I need more orthopedic surgery in the future, Dr. Wind will be my first choice.

|  Hip Replacement  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2012

Horrible! Had to have 2nd THR after first was put in wrong! He even admitted that it must have been implanted incorrectly! 2nd THR was by different doctor and went perfectly! You decide if you want to have this out come after surgery with this 'doctor'.

|  disappointed  |  show details
May 29th, 2011

long wait, took forever to get an appointment. Dr Wind seemed rushed and preoccupied when examining me, he just wanted to have me say yes to surgery and sign the forms. he does not seem very nice to the other doctors and nurses he works with, kinda rude

Mar 29th, 2011

Dr. Wind is one of the most geniune doctor's that I have ever met. I have been his patient for over 10 years and have always been treated well by him and his office staff. He just recently replaced a knee for me and it is a great incision and I can already walk without a cane 2 weeks post-op. He does have a habit of leaving doors open while seeing patients--which has never bothered me. I believe he is one of the best ortho surgeons in the area. He is awesome and caring!

Mar 11th, 2011

I feel that I was rushed and not given much options. I feel he needs a personality, and patient skills. I won't go back. sorry I picked him. Needing two MRI's, really is this necessary. I think it was a insurance scam. I too didnt like the doors all open and hearing everyones conversations. unlike them hearing mine. no privacy. and talk about waiting you wait 15-20 mins in lobby then another 20-30 mins in room. my time is valued too.

Feb 11th, 2011

Great surgeon but follow up care after you are home is poor. Poor communication. Office staff is rude and screens calls. Physician never calls you back after leaving numerous messages for him. Privacy is not honored as he leaves all the office room doors open and while waiting in your room you can hear his conversations with other patients their diagnosis, prognosis and outcomes.

|  Excellent Dr.  |  show details
by Joe S. on Aug 28th, 2009

I would recommend Dr. Wind anyone needing a DO. He has worked on both my Knees. I feel Like the $6million man. I also thank him for spoting my daughters RSD.

|  An Exceptional Physician  |  show details
by Dawn W. on Nov 11th, 2008

I was rushed to the hospital with a very significant ankle injury the early hours of a Sunday morning. I was in Dr. Wind's office by Monday and had surgery by Wednesday. I have had wonderful results with the surgery and Dr. Wind has been there for me ever step of the way. I cannot begin to express my gratitude to him. Usually surgeons are not know for there bedside manner. Dr. Wind is excellent.