Dr. Michael Wittels Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Michael Wittels?

Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia

Have you seen Dr. Michael Wittels?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 1st, 2015

seems not to care and spends less than a minute with you

May 19th, 2015

Saving my leg/fusing my ankle and lengthening my leg over 2 inches

Dr. Wittels was the only Dr. that could save my leg, age 18

February 18th, 2015

MICHAEL WITTELS, M.D.

There may be a wait to see Dr. Wittels, he may not spend a lot of time with you, but he knows what he is doing and his patients get excellent care.

February 12th, 2015

best surgeon in town

February 12th, 2015

I suffered for over a year with a frozen shoulder and went to 2 doctors with no relief. Then I went to see Dr Wittels. I pain free now with full range movement. My only regret is I wish I had gone to see him first. He is a wonderful orthopedic surgeon and I would not go to anyone else. His office is very busy, and I understand why. He is the BEST. He also has the very best physical therapy department that is right in the office for your convenience.

February 11th, 2015

Dr Wittels met all of my expectations and then some. I would highly recommend.

December 28th, 2014

Waits are long and he sees you for about a minute and does not like to answer questions, sometimes very sarcastic. I would not use or recommend or use again. He treated me in the hospital was brought in by ambulance and needed surgery.

November 15th, 2014

Orthopedic problems

I went to Dr Wittels for 2 different problems. The first time was with a friend who had a herniated disk and was in such pain that he couldn't work and had trouble even sleeping at night. Dr Wittels immediately outlined a course of therapy inlcuding 2 types of pill medications. Dr Wittels also did an x ray to help in the evaluation of my friend's problem. I was impressed by Dr Wittels precise and commanding outline of the therapy. My friend saw Dr Wittels on 2 follow up visits and within a few weeks was PAIN FREE and continues as such today. My second problem involved my own torn miniscus in the knee. Dr Wittels immediately ordered X rays and an MRI. The MRI showed a complex tear in the miniscus and minor arthritis. Dr Wittels immediately want to do arthoscopic surgery after seeing the MRI report and even made an appointment for surgery at a nearby hospital. However my next door neighbor who is an orthopedic surgeon from Germany recommended that I do physical therapy first. Another orthopedic doctor who does not do surgery also recommended Physical therapy. I elected NOT to do a quick surgery and am improving greatly after 2 months of physical therapy. DR Wittels know his stuff but I think he will recommend surgery which is his specialty. I found all the staff to be helpful and courteous. Dr Wittels manner is a bit abrupt and very laconic. He will say only a very few words unless pestered for more information. I found this to be a bit disappointing.

January 14th, 2014

Professional and caring

Dr. Wittles could be the best of the best. Straight forward and gives you real usable information that you can understand. He doesn't speak in medical lingo, he talks to you about what he would do if he was in your situation, or if you were his family. There's always a bit of a wait, but that's because he spends extra time with each patient. And gives them the time they need. After my surgery, he stopped by my hospital room each day for four days then called me at home to see how I was doing. If you want a bedside manner, great. I want a surgeon who's talented and cares.

September 4th, 2013

Horrible service

Doctor is nice. Just sees you for a second. The front desk girl and the lady working in the check out desk ( pm) are horrible. It's not that they are busy, but the way they talk me with an attitude. I definitely won't be back. I absolutely won't recommend this doctor. Sorry.

May 1st, 2013

5 seconds visit kind of doctor

Staff is a little rude and it takes a few phone calls to have things done. He is not a caring doctor. After spending an hour in two different waiting rooms, he saw me for 3 minutes, in those minutes we were interruped by the staff, I have to repeat and repeat the same thing, over and over. One star is too much.

January 17th, 2011

Only interested in Money

I went to Dr. Wittels for pain in my ankle. No one was at the desk to greet patients. After 15 minutes of waiting with no one at the desk and no visible bell, I took the new patient form on the counter and completed them. After a couple hours, I was then given an X-ray and placed in a room to wait again. The doctor came in with no greeting, no introductions, asked 2 questions and gave me a prescription for an MRI. I asked for more details on my ankle and he told me that it is sprained and he needs the MRI before he can give me more information. I went to the imaging center for the MRI the next day and returned to Dr. Wittels office on the third day. The wait was not as long. He came into the room, said absolutely nothing to me, handed me the MRI report from the imaging office and left. After 10 minutes, I stopped the technician who had taken the X-ray in the hallway and asked Is your doctor always this rude. The technician asked what happened and I explained that the doctor just handed this to me without even a hello and left. The doctor was passing by, heard me and came in. He said You look like an intelligent person. I figured as an intelligent person, you would figure out that I wanted you to read it. Was I wrong? He continued that he was not there for his bedside manner; he is only being paid to be a doctor. He told me that I needed to be placed in a boot that was very expensive and I should not make the insurance spend the money on it if I was not going to use it. He left the technician to place the boot on me. The technician explained that the boot has a $250 deductible. I asked the technician for a prescription to get the boot somewhere else. At the desk, Michelle tried to convince me to get the boot from Dr. Wittels office. She said that my $250 deductible was not going to change no matter where I get the boot. Dr. Wittels also was at the desk and inquired as to why I was not getting the boot. I called my insurance company and was told that my deductible was actually $100 with a 15% deductible. I got a list of in-house providers from my insurance companys website and called approximately 10 of them. All were selling the boot for $189 but some required that I file to the insurance myself. I could not believe the difference in price. Dr. Wittels price of $250 ($100 deductible plus 15% of the total price) means that he is charging $1000 for a $189 boot. I called back the technician at Dr. Wittels office to find out if the boot he is offering has air for comfort or any other special features. He told me no, it is the basic boot. I needed to get the tall one because they come in 2 different heights. I ended up getting the boot from Wayne Rosen at 9921 Pines Blvd in Pembroke Pines for $53.52 because of a special contracted rate they have with my insurance company. Their price for the boot without insurance is $189, just like the other offices. In addition to being rude to me as a patient, Dr. Wittels office tried to charge more than 5 times the going rate for the boot said I needed. When most of us go to the doctor, just follow orders. We are told that we need a boot and the doctors technician comes to place one on your leg, you just take it as necessary. The rude behavior of this doctor made me question his motive for treatment but taught me a valuable lesson. I will never again allow any physician to order anything for me without doing a cost comparison.