Dr. Michael Wong, MD
Ophthalmologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 3.047619047619 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Aug 17th, 2014

I am a practicing ophthalmologist and feel I must sing Dr. Wong's praises. Dr. Wong has helped me in numerous cases and is generally thought of as the "key opinion leader" in Lasik and cataract surgery in New Jersey. It would be hard for the general public to know this and thus, my review from a peer point-of-view.

|  Everything about my experience was top notch  |  show details
May 27th, 2014

Everything about my experience with Lasik by Dr. Michael Wong was top notch. I had great, attentive care start to end. Dr. Wong has a wonderful bed-side manner and obvious expertise in his field. Wondering about having Lasik done on you? Well, if you're a candidate, I'll tell you it's like a miracle. One of the best things I ever did for myself.

Apr 28th, 2013

I am a doctor, and Dr. Wong is the "doctors' doctor." He recently did surgery on me and now I realize why. He's kind and empathetic. His clinical knowledge is obvious and his surgical skills just wonderful.

Apr 21st, 2013

I did a lot of research before my Lasik appointment and chose Dr. Wong, based on numerous positive recommendations. I was not disappointed. I am not 20/20 and happy. Dr. Wong was compassionate and competent. He has the best equipment as well.

Apr 19th, 2013

My mother needed cataract surgery and I needed Lasik surgery. I did extensive research, primarily asking other doctors that I knew. There was a very solid consensus that Dr. Wong was both knowledgeable and compassionate. I was steered correctly. Both my mother and I had great results. Dr. Wong is a great eye surgeon and recommend him highly.

Sep 8th, 2012

I am a doctor who desired Lasik eye surgery. I asked over a half dozen eye doctors who they would have do their Lasik surgery. All said Dr. Michael Wong. So I saw him, was impressed, had the surgery, and I can say that I'm pleased with the results in every respect.

|  LASIK  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2012

I had Lasik surgery with Dr. Michael Wong over a month ago. I don't even know where to begin with how happy and pleased I was with not only him, but the whole staff at Wills Laser Vision. I had been considering Lasik for years, but never had the courage to go through with it. After my recent annual eye doctor visit (else where), I was not able to see the eye chart, let alone the big "E". I was scared that at such a young age, and after wearing glasses and contacts for over 20 years, what would happen to my vision with a few years from now? Dr. Wong put all my worries to rest. He was extremely thorough with his explanation about the procedure and answered above and beyond any questions or concerns that I had. He spends a great amount of time with you, making you feel comfortable. On the day of the procedure, he and his staff were all very comforting, and his bed side manner is excellent. I had gone from 20/800 vision, to 20/20 in both eyes. What a life changing experience!! I would recommend Wills Laser Vision to everyone without hesitation!!

|  Excellent and Caring Doctor  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2012

Dr. Michael Wong did corrective eye surgery on my eyes in 2006. I have continued to see him every two years for exams since. He is a wonderful competent surgeon and an incredibly caring man. He really cares about how his patients are doing. He is honest about what he predicts the outcome of surgery will be. Further, he listens and spends time explaining things. I highly recommend Dr. Michael Wong...a compassionate and great surgeon.

Jul 27th, 2012

I just had a life-changing, wonderful experience....Lasik eye surgery. The care at Dr. Wong's office was splendid, from the pre-op assessment, to the way he explained everything to me, the actual surgery (which was way easier than I had imagined), and to the post-op check-ups. I found Dr. Wong so comforting and so knowledgeable. The technology at Wills Laser Vision is just the top. If you've ever considered Lasik, run to it!

Jul 16th, 2012

Roughly two years ago I knew I need cataracts surgeries. My question was what kind of lenses I should use: multifocal or monofocal? There are many contradictory opinions from different doctors. It confounded me until I met Dr. Wong who gave me the final answer: go multifocal with ReStor. I trust Dr. Wong because he is a cataract surgery pioneer who has tremendous experiences with multifocal lenses implantation. It's been about a month now since I had cataract surgery done by Dr. Wong. The surgery was performed so fast and smoothly that I did not even feel a thing and it almost took no time for recovery---I can see well the day after. The vision for both distance and near is fantastic. There is not any contrast sensitivity issue, and the outcomes exceed all my expectations. Dr. Wong definitely is the finest eye Doctor.

Jul 12th, 2012

I am 80 years old. I like the old time doctor with compassionate relationships, but admire the younger more tuned-in doctors who might be up on latest techniques. With Dr. Wong, I found both. I had researched his credentials and found that he is the major innovator for cataract, laser and Lasik surgery. When I met him, I was so pleased about his obvious caring manner and abundant warmth. Dr. Wong did my cataract operations with the ReSTOR implants and now I can see 20/20 without glasses for distance and can read without glasses as well. I am seeing better than ever since my childhood. Hooray.

May 4th, 2012

I did my research on doctors performing cataract surgery. Uniformly, I heard great things about Dr. Wong, and I can say that his care met or exceeded my expectations. Dr. Wong was kind, compassionate, thoughtful and simply cared for me. The results say it all....20/20.

Jan 9th, 2012

Dr. Wong was so empathetic and caring.

|  Lasik Patients Beware!  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2011

Had lasik surgery with Dr Michael Wong 2 years ago. Went over all issues and concerns I had prior to surgery. He stated that my issues/concerns will not happen after lasik surgey. He was way off. I now have daily eye pain. Never experienced eye pain prior to surgery. Many days it is so bad that I cannot work. Dr Wong states the pain has nothing to do with the surgery. I have not had a pain free day since the surgery.Wish I never had the surgery.

Jul 7th, 2011

If Dr Wong can get around to not answering your questions he will do so. mumbling an answer anly he understands is his manner. Moving you out of his office in 12 1/2 minutes is his practice and then on to the next unsuspecting patient.wrong diagnosis and wrong replacement lens inserted. his quickness to sell his certain lens was overwwhelming and incorrect. could not explain why i could not see as he promise my eyes would see. Time is money for Dr. W. and the patient suffers

by Elena Livingstone-Ross on Apr 20th, 2011

After a visit with Dr. Michael Wong, my mother lost sight in her right eye.Dr. M. Wong was recommended to us as the best eye doctor in Princeton, and, indeed, so popular was he, that it took half a year, from the time of scheduling an appointment, to see him in person. When the time finally arrived, we sat 1 hour in the waiting room before we were admitted. The doctor was cordial and seemed competent. To be sure, in the following two years, he performed cataract surgery on both my mothers eyes, which were successful, and despite long and onerous waiting before each appointment, my mother continued to see him. He then alerted her to the fact that although she saw perfectly well on both eyes, she was predisposed to glaucoma and needed laser treatment, which required several visits. Three went fine. When she came the fourth time, Dr. Wong was talking to a student. Finally turning his attention to my mother, he was about to perform the procedure on the wrong eye, but my mother corrected him. While doing the procedure, he continued to talk and explain things to the student. The procedure was uncommonly painful, and the following day, with the pain continuing, the eye that saw perfectly well the day before, could see no longer. When questioned, Dr. Wong indifferently announced to my mother that the glaucoma reaction must have coincided with the hour of surgery and that she was now in need of a complicated glaucoma surgery, which will relieve pressure, but will not ameliorate her sight.We left Dr. Wong never to return. My mother is now seeing a wonderful, considerate, and caring doctor, who has indeed performed the surgery, and is even succeeded in restoring some of the sight on that eye.

Mar 29th, 2011

wonderful care

|  The BEST  |  show details
by Satisfied Patient on Mar 18th, 2010

Caring, spends more than enough time, informative