A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Yao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Yao is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Yao
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Yao Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Yao, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Yao graduated from University of Maryland , Baltimore.
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Michael Dean Way Yao MD is a male Internist, has 10 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Michael D. Yao practice?
- Dr. Michael Yao has 1 office location.
Dr. Michael Yao practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Bethesda, MD.
See Bethesda Internists and Bethesda Gastroenterologists.