The loss of quality of life under the surgeon's knife show details The loss of quality of life under the surgeon's knife
May 1st, 2015

My thyroid papillary cancer limited itself to my thyroid gland and the neck nodes. After surgery I could only whisper and the diagnosis was permanent recurrent laryngeal nerve damage with damage to the cricoid muscle and that has affected my breathing, so beside the loss of voice I have difficulty breathing.

Dr. Yeh is absolutely the best! show details Dr. Yeh is absolutely the best!
Nov 15th, 2014

Dr. Yeh performed a total thyroidectomy for me at the end of May 2014. Prior to meeting with him I was very resistant to having the surgery, even though the biopsy of one of the nodules in my thyroid came back as likely for cancer, because I had read some frightening things online. He was very patient, gave me all the facts and supported me with making my decision. Thankfully I followed through with the total thyroidectomy - they found three cancerous tumors and one of them was twice the size measured on the ultrasound and it was starting to spread into my muscle. I do not miss my thyroid at all! A healthy diet and the Armor thyroid meds I am taking have kept all of my levels consistent. In fact I feel better since having the thyroidectomy – no more energy loss or mood swings! My scar is barely noticeable and I recovered quickly and extremely well.

This is the Dr to See if You Have Any Thyroid Issue show details This is the Dr to See if You Have Any Thyroid Issue
by Barbara Batya Amit on Jul 16th, 2014

He is smart, friendly, encouraging and accurate. When 2 other doctors said my thyroid mass was malignant,and not even worth doing a biopsy of them, he said that he thought it had a 75% chance of being benign and the biopsy proved him right. His attitude and my consequent confidence in him made me able to sleep well until the biopsy. See him- he is smarter than smart and has an amazing caring bedside manner- technology and know how of today and caring and can-do attitude of the warm family doctors of yesteryear. Seriously- he is great. Thanks Dr. Yeh.

Excellent and Attentive Doctor! show details Excellent and Attentive Doctor!
Aug 20th, 2010

Dr. Michael Yeh is a rare doctor in that he really prioritizes patient care. Although he's a busy guy, he was very willing to explain my heart problems to me in detail. He's also very smart and very experienced. I trust in Dr.Yeh's diagnosis and I would definitely recommend him. He shows empathy and compassion. A great doctor indeed.

Having a large thyroid tumor removed by Dr. Yeh-good results! show details Having a large thyroid tumor removed by Dr. Yeh-good results!
by C.Shank on Jan 26th, 2009

I was fully satisfied except he did assert he thought I had a carcinoma due to everything in a textbook collection of symptoms I possessed. I read up on various websites a complete diagnosis of malignancy cannot be made by an FNA, only after the tissue is sliced and diced and tests are run, etc. He certainly chose a fantastic anesthesia team as I have heart problems and I never experienced any after effects of surgery. I have almost no scar, and have had a speedy recovery. I would recommend Dr. Yeh with confidence he will do the best he can for your condition as he did in mine.