Dr. Michael Yen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 24th, 2016
I really appreciate the care I get from Dr. Yen. He is very knowledgeable. He has a good sense of humor and although he is very busy, he takes the time to talk to me and answer all the questions I have.

November 15th, 2013
Do your own research
As a cancer patient, I strongly urge those of you who choose this doctor to do your own research. I would recommend that you choose a different practice altogether, if possible, or at least a second opinion. This doctor did not bother to read the postop pathology report and therefore, was making recommendations based on inaccurate information. In addition, his drug knowledge was not up to par. He has poor bedside manner and very poor follow up. At best, he is mediocre.

August 19th, 2013
Excellent care!
Dr. Yen received a call from my primary care physician and took the time to walk over to the hospital where I was having some tests done to discuss my situation. I visited his office with a friend who took notes; he was thorough in his presentation of my condition and took the time to answer all my questions thoroughly. He is caring and personable and bright...in follow up visits he continued to be informative and concerned. After the first visit I complained about his office staff, and it turned out it was the receptionist's last day...every visit after that was dealt with efficiently by the office.

June 1st, 2013
Great doctor
Extremely efficient, right on time, excellent care. Thank you!

April 2nd, 2012
doesn't believe in nutrition
Dr. said to eat all the candy and drink all the coffee you want because it doesn't matter. Hmmmm, I wonder if that is what he tells his kids to eat.Doesn't this guy know about the immune system? How nutrition plays such a huge part in our lives, from the food we eat to the chemicals we use? How about just tell people you don't know anything about nutrition and instead of "it doesn't matter." He wanted to start his drug on my father when he was anemic too. I feel like he is in a hurry to make his money off my dad's cancer theropy instead of worrying about my dad. Not impressed. When we questioned him about nutrition the visit was clearly over and he was done with us. Don't call him with questions because you may not get an answer for some time. Just not impressed.

February 28th, 2010
My impression is that he is very sharp. He has taken whatever time is necessary on my visits and has been thoughtful in plotting my treatment.

December 1st, 2009
most impressive doctor I've come across in years