Orthopedic Surgeons
South Bend Orthopedics
53880 Carmichael Dr
South Bend, IN 46635
574-247-9441
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  Patient  |  show details
by Frank Glon on Jan 23rd, 2014

The one thing that stood out was how comfortable I was when I meet Dr. Yergler. His professionalism, attention to detail, and patient care was outstanding. I knew that he would get me back to the active life style I enjoy. Thanks Doctor Yergler and staff for all you have done for me.

|  Amazing Surgeon  |  show details
by Lorrie Barnett on Sep 14th, 2013

I had a trimalleolar fracture (broken ankle). Dr Mike put my ankle back together and it is doing amazing. I am blessed to have such a great surgeon!!!

Oct 29th, 2012

dishonest liar

Aug 23rd, 2012

doctor Mike has performed 2 operations on me both shoulders the left being the last. My first experience was wonderful i had the utmost respect and confidence in him and would not hesitate to recommend him. after my mumford on the left after a year passing i was still in significant pain.In the last 6 years i had also had 3 other operations not perfomed by him including a spine fusion.My conditions have caused me great pain,discomfort and stress.I was sick of pain period and i made this statement in front of a staff person who relayed this to Dr. Mike in her own words.IN The middle of a pain shot prep with his back turned he decided he did not to be my Dr anymore. Then he pawned me off to another who refused to treat me because they were friends then another did the same for the exact reason.These are not my words.I was told this by a SBO STAFF REP.I was floored, very hurt and felt betrayed.I did not say anything to deserve such treatment. not in a million years could anyone make me believe he would refuse a patient who he knew was suffering before his very eyes.I am stil trying to figure out who that man was who came in the room that day.The caring,brilliant Dr who cared for me in the past was not there.I suffer today and fear retaliation and refusal from other doctors..

May 7th, 2012

had shoulder surgery . very displeased. still in alot of pain. if you need shoulder surgery done check for a specialist that only does shoulder surgeries. had i known my outcome i would have gone elsewhere!

|  simply the best  |  show details
Jan 1st, 2012

Took my daughter to him twice,different knees,would and recommend to all people I've known. The entire experience is first class from assessment to final session of physical therapy. If anything ever happened again I would go back in a heart beat. Drove 80 miles each way just to get the care my daughter deserved.

|  Det. Sgt. Ken Cornelis County Metro Homicide Unit  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2011

Dr. Mike is a true healer, and brilliant at his craft. I've had both my shoulders repaired by him. I'm pain free and have quality of life again. Doc has an extremely funny sense of humor regarding his bed side manner. A real class act guy. I'd refer him to everyone!

Dec 7th, 2011

He is a very good as a surgery and would never stop going to him for my treatments or surgeries. He is a great suregon

Nov 9th, 2011

Outstanding doctor. My knee problem medial meniscus tear was immediately and correctly diagnoised. I was given the exact plan to correct the problem and this plan was carried out perfectly. I left surgery without pain nor the use of crutches. Follow up was timely with wonderful care. I recommend Dr. Yergler without question. Jim FORNEY

|  Carolyn Sienicki-Lashmit  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2011

Thanks for all you do for me and getting me back to work without any problems. Your care and concern for the little things as well as the big things are greatly appreciated. I appreciate your staff and their kindness and concern for my well-being.

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
Nov 9th, 2011

I've had two rotator cuff surgeries by Dr Mike with great success. I had no significant pain after either surgery and took no pain drugs. And recovery afterward was excellent. This doctor really knows what he is doing. I find him very willing to answer questions with a great attitude and great sense of humor. I highly recommend him and would go to no one else.

|  Could Care Less.  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2011

I think there is more to a doctor than just being able to perform a speciality well. He is a good surgeon. He could care less about you as a person, before or after surgery. He regards his patients as product and a means to financial end.

|  Work Comp Doc  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2011

Good surgeon but he is too full of himself. Keep away for work comp... trumps the MMI and PPI.

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2010

He is a friendly and knowledgeable doctor. I got a better diagnosis and correction of my shoulder problem compared to another specialist that I saw 2 years earlier. They seem to charge by the amount of time he is in the office with you, so he will tend to make it short unless you have questions.The only negative I had was the office staff setting up my surgery was not very friendly.

Aug 19th, 2009

He's an excellent surgeon, but I wish he would spend more time answering my questions and giving me instructions.

|  Michael Yergler  |  show details
by LaPorte, Indiana on Jul 15th, 2009

I felt like Dr. Yergler only wanted to hear about a very limited subject and was not interested in exploring multiple causes of pain. After surgery he was quick to hand me off to another doctor when I expressed dissatisfaction at 7 weeks post surgery. When referred back to him by the 2nd doctor he again didn't want to hear about increasing pain and passed me along again without much consideration. I feel he runs a surgery factory not a medical practice

Jan 2nd, 2009

Excellent physician for shoulder problems.