A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Zafuta:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Zafuta is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Michael Zafuta, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Zafuta graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston.
Dr. Zafuta has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Mt Carmel Regional Medical Center
- Mercy Hosp, Fort Scott, Ks
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Zafuta accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Family Health Partners - 2 plans
- CommunityCare Managed Healthcare Plans of Oklahoma - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael P. Zafuta practice?
Dr. Michael Zafuta practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Pittsburg, KS.
Additional practice locations include: Fort Scott, KS.
See Pittsburg Orthopedic Surgeons.